BBSRC David Phillips Fellowships for UK and International Scientists in UK, and applications are submitted till 5 November 2014. BBSRC is offering David Phillips Fellowships for outstanding scientists in the early stages of their research careers who wish to establish themselves as independent researchers. Up to 5 awards are awarded annually for a period of five years, subject to satisfactory progress. Fellowship includes personal salary and a significant research support grant. Applicants and host organizations should note that value for money is an essential criterion against which fellowship applications will be assessed alongside excellence and other key criteria. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | UK
Level: Fellowship is available for outstanding scientists in the early stages of their research careers who wish to establish themselves as independent researchers.
Field(s): Fellowship is awarded in any area of science within the BBSRC portfolio. Proposals that are aligned with BBSRC’s overarching strategic priorities are particularly encouraged.
Deadline: 5 November 2014.
Funded By: Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): this Fellowship is targeted for UK and international researchers
‣ Award No: Up to 5 David Phillips Fellowships are available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: BBSRC David Phillips fellowships are awarded for a period of five years, subject to satisfactory progress.
‣ Scholarship covers: It includes personal salary and a significant research support grant. Fellowships are awarded under full economic costing (fEC).
‣ The Anniversary Future Leader Fellowship (AFLF) scheme is offered by BBSRC to enable scientists to undertake independent research within a host laboratory and start moving towards being fully independent research leaders.
‣ These BBSRC David Phillips Fellowships awards are for early-career scientists who have demonstrated high potential during their research training and initial years of postdoctoral research.
‣ Applicants should not exceed 10 years in active postgraduate research studies and postdoctoral research employment
‣ Applicants should have no less than 3 years of active postdoctoral research experience
Selection Criteria for BBSRC David Phillips Fellowships
‣ Applicants and host organizations should note that value for money is an essential criterion against which fellowship applications will be assessed, alongside excellence and other key criteria.
‣ For this competition this criterion will be given significant weighting during the assessment process and reviewers and Committee E will also be looking for written evidence that the host organisation will contribute significant support, either financially or in-kind support if an award is made.
‣ Proposals that do not provide clear evidence that the research programme is highly competitive in terms of value for money, and in providing additional funding commitments, are unlikely to be successful.
‣ The notification for the award will be in May 2015.
‣ Submit a proposal electronically via the Joint Electronic Submissions (Je-S) along with these documents –
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 5 November 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.