Barra Foundation International Research Fellowships. Barra Foundation, Inc. Offers International Research Fellowships in USA. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Post-doctoral & Dissertation Research.
Field(s): American History and Culture.
Deadline: March 1, 2014.
Funded By: Barra Foundation, Inc.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Barra Foundation International Research Fellowships are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Two fellowships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are offered for one-month.
‣ Scholarship covers: The fellowships support both post-doctoral and dissertation research. The project proposal should demonstrate that the Library Company and the Historical Society have primary sources central to the research topic. Candidates are encouraged to inquire about the appropriateness of a proposed topic before applying. The fellowships are tenable for one month at any time from June 2014 to May 2015. The stipend is $2,500, plus an allowance for travel expenses. The Library Company’s Cassatt House fellows’ residence offers rooms at reasonable rates, along with a kitchen, common room, and offices with internet access, available to resident and non-resident fellows at all hours.
‣ The Library Company of Philadelphia and the Historical Society of Pennsylvania each year offer two one-month fellowships to support research in residence in their collections by foreign national scholars of early American history and culture living outside the United States.
‣ The fellowships are funded by the Barra Foundation, Inc. These two independent research libraries, adjacent to each other in Center City Philadelphia, have complementary collections capable of supporting research in a variety of fields and disciplines relating to the history of America and the Atlantic world from the 17th through the 19th centuries, as well as Mid-Atlantic regional history to the present.
To avail Barra Foundation International Research Fellowships, candidates must see the following informations and act on them:
‣ Fellowships to support research in residence in their collections by foreign national scholars of early American history and culture living outside the United States. The fellowships are funded by the Barra Foundation, Inc.
‣ The fellowships support both post-doctoral and dissertation research. The project proposal should demonstrate that the Library Company and the Historical Society have primary sources central to the research topic.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants can apply electronically.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 01 March 2014.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ Decision to be made by April 15.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, 2015, Fellowships, International, Postdoctoral, research, USA
Your first paragraph ...