Barbara Rhomberg Excellence in Nursing Scholarship, sponsored by B4 Brands , is awarded each year to non-traditional, fulltime students pursuing undergraduate degrees in nursing. Applications are open until July 1st, 2014. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Recognized institutes in USA| USA
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Deadline: July 1st, 2014
Funded By: The Barbara-Rhomberg Excellence
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): This Scholarship is targeted for undergraduate nursing usa students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: All scholarship winners receive a non-renewable scholarship of $1,000 payable directly to the institution in which they are enrolled.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
‣ The Barbara R Excellence in Nursing Scholarship, sponsored by B4 Brands, was founded in 2013 in loving memory of Barbara Rhomberg.
‣ Barbara was raised in rural Iowa and graduated from high school in 1954.
‣ After high school, she attended the College of St. Teresa in Winona, Minnesota to pursue her dream of becoming a nurse. Barbara’s college education was delayed after her sophomore year, when she fell in love, married and devoted her full attention to her expected family, church and community.
‣ After raising eight children and spending over twenty-five years in the home, Barbara sought to complete her nursing education and begin her career.
‣ She went back to school and earned her nursing degree in 1981. As a Registered Nurse, Barbara worked at the local hospital and medical clinic in Elkader, Iowa.
‣ She was well known for her skillful nursing, extraordinary compassion, loving smile, and generosity with her time and talents to the whole community.
‣ Barbara Rhomberg was diagnosed with gallbladder cancer in 1994 and passed away in 1995 at the age of fifty-nine. Although her time on earth was short, she positively impacted many, many lives.
To be eligible for Barbara Rhomberg Excellence in Nursing Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
‣ Enrolled in a fulltime undergraduate nursing program working toward an associate or bachelor’s degree
‣ Non-traditional student, defined as a student that did not immediately continue their education after high school (at least a 3-year gap between high school and enrollment in a college or university)
Note: Past winners and applicants of this scholarship are eligible to re-apply in future years.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND TIMELINE
‣ Applications are not accepted prior to July 1st, 2014. All applications must be postmarked by August 31st, 2014.
‣ Scholarship awards will be announced on September 30th, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like