Bank of Canada Fellowship Award for Canadian Students, and The nomination period for 2018 awards will be open from September 8 to November 10, 2017. Bank of Canada is offering fellowship award to academics who are widely recognized for their expertise and excellence in areas important to the Bank’s mandate. The award is for a term of up to five years, and is subject to an annual review and confirmation process. Recipients of this award may apply for a second term. A Canadian university may nominate one or more candidates who already hold an academic position at the university or who would agree to accept such a position upon receipt of a Fellowship Award. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Level: Fellowships ( awarded to conduct research)
Field(s): Fellowship provides in areas important to the Bank’s mandate (
Deadline: The nomination period for 2018 awards will be open from September 8 to November 10, 2017.
Bank of Canada
of Canada Fellowship
targeted for Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada can
apply for this fellowship award.
‣ Award No: The Fellowship Program offers two awards
‣ Scholarship Duration: The award is for a term of up to five years, and is subject to an annual review and confirmation process. Recipients of this award may apply for a second term.
‣ Scholarship covers: The award consists of:
‣ The Bank of Canada promotes the economic and financial welfare of Canada through its activities in four main areas: monetary policy, currency, financial system stability and funds management.
‣ The Bank of Canada Fellowship Program fosters excellence in research in Canada and develops partnerships with external experts in areas important to the Bank’s mandate.
‣The Fellowship Award provides financial support to academics who are widely recognized for their expertise and excellence in areas important to the Bank’s mandate (macroeconomics, monetary economics, international finance, financial markets and institutions, financial stability and regulation, labour economics, and economic growth), and who are undertaking leading-edge research that contributes to the development of knowledge and research capabilities in those areas.
‣ be Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or be otherwise legally permitted to work in Canada
‣ conduct and support research in Canada
‣ have obtained a PhD
‣ be employed by a Canadian university in a tenure or tenure-track position during the term of the Fellowship Award
Selection Criteria for Bank of Canada Fellowship
The Nominating Committee’s consideration of eligible nominees will include the following selection criteria:
‣ demonstrated excellence and innovation in their work, as indicated by publications of refereed and other articles; other research outputs; citations to and commentaries/critiques of their work; awards; recognition by peers and support of their university for the nomination
‣ applicability to Bank of Canada policy development and/or research, as indicated in a match of the nominee’s written work and research plan with Bank plans and priorities; and as expressed in the nomination materials
‣ potential to continue to achieve recognition as a leader in the specified fields as indicated by consistent high-quality work in publications and presentations
‣ potential to contribute to the education and development of new researchers
The Nominating Committee may recommend that no Fellowship be awarded if, in its judgment, there is no suitable candidate.
‣ The Governing Council will make the final decision. The announcement of a Fellowship Award is at the end of March or in early April.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Canadian Universities may nominate one candidate per faculty or school (for example, one candidate from their business school and one from their economics department).
Universities may nominate award recipients for a second term.
‣ A Canadian university may nominate one or more candidates who already hold an academic position at the university or who would agree to accept such a position upon receipt of a Fellowship Award, and who meet the eligibility and other requirements of the Fellowship Award.
The documents for a nomination are to be submitted via email by the following parties:
All documents are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted by the Nominating University
The university is to send the following documents on behalf of the nominee:
1. Cover page
Send a cover page with this information about the nominee:
Send a scan of a nomination letter signed by a university official. The letter should address the following criteria:
Send the nominee’s curriculum vitae. Include with it a summary listing the following:
Send a document that describes the nominee’s current research program, and the research planned during the period of the Award (maximum 4,000 words).5. Recent paper and four abstracts
Send a copy of a recent paper by the nominee, together with abstracts of four additional papers by the nominee. These may be either published or unpublished and authored or co-authored by the nominee.Submitted by the Nominee6. Referee information
The nominee is to send the following information about two independent referees who have agreed to provide letters of reference:
The referees must be established authorities in their fields who have not collaborated or had a supervisory/personal relationship with the nominee within five years of the nomination, and are not affiliated with the nominee's institution.Submitted by Independent Referees7. Reference letters
Referees should consult the Nomination Letter section for guidance on the criteria to be addressed in the reference letter.
Each referee must send a scan of his or her signed letter of reference directly to email@example.com
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date :The nomination period for 2018 awards will be open from September 8 to November 10, 2017.
Bank of Canada Fellowship Program
Executive and Legal Services
234 Wellington Street, Ottawa, ON K1A 0G9
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...