BAJS Postgraduate Studentships for International Students in UK , and applications are submitted till 30 April and 31 October . BAJS, British Association for Japanese Studies offers postgraduate studentships for international students who are/will be conducting their dissertation/research in the field of Japanese Studies. The studentships are open to postgraduate or prospective postgraduate students of all nationalities. Applicants must have been accepted onto a full-time or part-time course at a UK university at the time when you apply for a studentship. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): UK universities | UK
Level: Postgraduate Degree
Field(s): Studentships are provided in the field of Japanese Studies at UK universities
Deadline: 30 April and 31 October
Funded By: British Association for Japanese Studies
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Postgraduate Studentships are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Up to five individual studentships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration:
‣ Scholarship covers: Awards
‣ The British Association for Japanese Studies (BAJS) is a UK-based association of scholars and researchers dedicated to the development of Japanese Studies.
‣ Their aim is to promote teaching and research on Japan by coordinating events such as academic conferences and circulating information about the field.
‣ The B A J S are offering up to 5 scholarships worth £4000 each to postgraduates or prospective postgraduate students who are/will be conducting their dissertation/research in the field of Japanese studies.
studentships are open to postgraduate or prospective postgraduate
students of all nationalities.
‣ You must have been accepted onto a full-time or part-time course at a UK university at the time when you apply for a studentship.
‣ Your dissertation (or proposed dissertation) must be in the field of Japanese studies. For PhD students in particular, it will normally be expected that you will be using Japanese language materials in your research.
‣ You must use the award either to contribute towards your fees, your maintenance, or your extended fieldwork. Final-year PhD students who wish to apply for writing-up costs should apply for the B A J S John Crump Studentship.
‣ You must be a member of B A J S when you apply. (Please note that student membership is free, or £20 if you wish to receive Japan Forum).
‣ Successful applicants may re-apply for a studentship in subsequent years, but please note that we particularly encourage new applications.
Scholarship Application Method
Please note, it is your responsibility to make sure that BAJS receives both references and your letter of acceptance, citing your application reference number, by the 30th April deadline.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
Your first paragraph ...