Azrieli Foundation Fellowships Programme for Postdoctoral Research to Canadian Citizens in Israel , and applications are submitted till Wednesday, November 30th , 2017 . Azrieli Foundation offers Fellowships for Postdoctoral Students in Israel. The Azrieli Fellows Program is currently open to scholars at the postdoctoral level who are Canadian citizens or who have completed their doctorates at Canadian universities. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Israel
Level: Postdoctoral Research
Field(s): anyone courses offered by the university.
Deadline: Wednesday, November 30th , 2017
Funded By: Azrieli Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for scholars at the postdoctoral level who are Canadian citizens OR who have completed their doctorates at Canadian universities.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of the fellowship is for one year, with the possibility of renewal for a second year.
‣ Scholarship covers: The value of the fellowship is CDN$40,000 annually.
The Foundation has no objection to the Fellow’s receipt of additional research funds, with the exception of other postdoctoral fellowships or scholarships from Israeli sources. Funding from a sponsor’s lab and from the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs is permissible.
‣ The Azrieli F Fellowships Fellows Program promotes excellence in research and graduate studies at accredited institutions of higher learning in Israel.
‣ This prestigious and competitive program, established in 2007, provides financial support to the best and brightest scholars from Israel and around the world.
‣ These scholars become leaders in their respective fields and raise Israel’s profile internationally, and maintain strong academic and professional links between Israel and the rest of the world.
To be eligible for Azrieli Foundation Fellowships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
Scholars who wish to apply must obtain an academic sponsor:
‣ The fellowships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
‣ Candidates are assessed on their potential to make cutting-edge contributions to their respective fields.
‣ Aspects of personal merit and leadership abilities are also taken into consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, ethnicity or age.
‣ Azrieli Fellows will be announced in April 2018.
Scholarship Application Method
1. To apply for the International Postdoctoral Fellowship, please click here.
In order to begin the process, please create a new account, then follow the 5 sections of enrollment.
You can also visit our homepage www.azrielifoundation.org/fellows and select "Apply On-Line".
2. Candidates must obtain an academic sponsor who is a faculty member at one of the seven Israeli academic institutions. The academic sponsor should write a letter of support illustrating his or her interest in actively collaborating on the candidate’s research while in Israel. The sponsor should submit this letter, written on institution letterhead, emailed directly to the Azrieli Foundation. See guidelines for referees.*
3. Candidates must have two additional letters of reference from those familiar with their academic background. These letters should speak to the candidate’s excellent academic performance and personal achievements. These letters should be written on institution letterhead and be emailed directly to the Azrieli Foundation. See guidelines for referees.*
4. In addition to letters of references, we ask each referee to fill in the Confidential Referee Form* and submit it along with the recommendation letter.
5. The deadline for online application submissions is November 30th, 2017
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by Wednesday, November 30th , 2017