Autism Scholars Awards for Canadian Students and applications are submitted till January 31, 2017. Council of Ontario Universities is offering Autism Scholars Awards for academic year 2017-2018. Awards are open for Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada. Up to one award at the Master’s level and the Doctoral level will be made for academic year 2017-2018. Duration of the awards is for one year and awards value for masters programme $18,000 and doctoral programme $20,000. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Level: Master and Doctoral Degree Program
Field(s): all subjects
Deadline: January 31, 2017.
Funded By: Council of Ontario Universities
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Autism Scholars Awards are targeted for Canadian students.
‣ Award No: Up to one award at the Master’s level and the Doctoral level will be made.‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is awarded one academic year, i.e., for 2017-2018.
‣ Scholarship covers: -Master’s Awards value $18,000 and Doctoral Awards value$20,000.
- During the one year period commencing September 2017, master’s award recipients will receive $6,000 per term, for each of the three terms in which they are registered full-time in a master’s program in an Ontario university, as long as they do not exceed the sixth term of their master’s study. Payments will be made by the university through its customary procedures and on its customary schedule (typically equal monthly payments during the term). -During the one year period commencing September 2015, doctoral award recipients will receive $6,666 per term, for each of the three terms in which they are registered full-time in a doctoral program in an Ontario university, as long as they do not exceed the fifteenth term of their doctoral study. Payments will be made by the university through its customary procedures and on its customary schedule (typically equal monthly payments during the term).
‣ With the support of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, a Autism Scholars Awards Program in Autism has been established to ensure that Ontario attracts and retains pre-eminent scholars.
‣ The community of autism scholars fostered by this Awards Program will excel, according to internationally accepted standards of scientific excellence, in the creation of new knowledge concerning child autism, and its translation into improved health for children, more effective services and products for children with autism, and increase the province’s capacity in diagnosis and assessment of autism and a strengthened treatment system.
‣ All applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada as of the application deadline date (January 30, 2017).
‣ All applicants must be sponsored and endorsed by the Dean of Graduate Studies at the Ontario University at which they are undertaking graduate study.
‣ To be eligible for a Master’s Award, applicants must be registered full-time in a Master’s or Doctoral graduate program at an Ontario university at the time of taking up the award (i.e., the fall term of 2015-16), and must remain registered full-time in that master’s program throughout the term of the award.
‣ Master’s students remain eligible to the end of their sixth term of full-time study.
‣ To be eligible for a Doctoral Award, applicants must be registered full-time in a Doctoral graduate program at an Ontario university at the time of taking up the award (i.e., the fall term of 2017-18), and
‣ must remain registered full-time throughout the term of the award. Doctoral students remain eligible to the end of their fifteenth term of full-time study.
‣ Holders of Autism Scholars Awards are precluded from holding any other major award during the term of this award.
Selection Criteria for Autism Scholars Awards
‣ Applicants for Master’s and Doctoral Awards will be assessed on their talent, the excellence of their work, the vision that they bring to their endeavors, and the impact that they foresee resulting from their work, as measured by: The program of study and research and its potential contribution to the advancement of knowledge about autism;
Application Procedure: (Application forms are available in the offices of the Deans of the Graduate Schools in Ontario universities, and at the Council of Ontario Universities’ website at http://cou.on.ca/about/awards/autism-scholars/.
The Dean of the Graduate School at which each applicant is proposing to undertake study must sponsor the applicant, certify the applicant’s eligibility, and specify which term of their program the master’s or doctoral student will be in at the commencement of the award. Each applicant must submit to the Dean electronic copies of the following documents by December 1, 2016:
1) The completed application form.
2) A curriculum vitae (including information concerning the eligibility criteria).
3) A statement of research to be undertaken during the period of graduate study (maximum 1,000 words).
There must also be an additional non-technical summary (maximum 500 words). These statements must be written by the candidate.
‣ All applications should be submitted electronically.
The candidate must also provide:
4) All undergraduate and graduate transcripts. These may be either official transcripts sent directly by the Registrar's office of the issuing university, or copies verified and certified as accurate by the Registrar's office of the Ontario university of current registration.
5) Confidential letters from two assessors. These appraisals should focus on an evaluation of the applicant’s research to date, and the research being undertaken during the graduate or postdoctoral period. The applicant must ask for the appraisals to be transmitted electronically directly to the Dean of Graduate Studies.
By January 31, 2017, the complete application package is to be forwarded by the Dean of
Graduate Studies of the sponsoring university to:
Dr. Brian Timney
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 416-979-2165 ext. 235 The Selection Committee:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 31, 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...