AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (AU EGLS) for International Students in USA, and applications are submitted till15 December 2016. American University is awarding an emerging global leader scholarship for international students. Applicants must be secondary school students. The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. Scholarship is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): American University | USA
Level: undergraduate programme
Field(s): to study any of the courses offered by the American University.
Deadline: 15 December 2016.
Funded By: American University, USA
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is targeted for International students
‣ No. of awards: There is one scholarship available for fall 2017.
Tenure : The
AU EGL scholarship is renewable for a total of four years of
undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic
‣Value of Scholarship : The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S. $4,000).
‣ The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity.
together the best of AU — academic excellence, leadership
development, and global engagement — the AU Emerging Global Leader
achieves, inspires, and serves with vision.
AU EGL is dedicated to positive civic and social change, and will
return home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in
his/her home country.
one AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is available for fall 2016.
If you are not selected as the 2016 AU EGL recipient and wish to
continue the application process, you may be eligible for partial
merit scholarships. However, you will need to submit proof of
additional funds beyond the initial US$4,000 you provided. Estimated
costs for the 2016-2017 academic year are US$61,157.
‣ U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents or dual citizens of the U.S. and another country are not eligible to apply.
‣ Applicants must be secondary school students. You cannot be currently enrolled in or have already begun any studies at another university.
‣ AU EGLS candidates should apply Regular Decision for fall (August) 2016.
‣ Preference for the AU EGL scholarship will be given to international students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
‣ The most competitive applicants should have:
A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades
A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with a minimum 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted online. If you are applying through one of the following programs supported by EducationUSA, please provide a letter from your Education USA Center’s adviser confirming your candidacy and any cost-share provided by the program: USAP, Opportunity Funds, the Diana Kamal Scholarship Search Fund, IIE StudyAmerica, Competitive College Clubs, or similar.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on December 15, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.