Atlas Corps Paid Fellowship Program for Global Leaders in USA, and applications are submitted till June 19, 2017. Atlas Corps is offering paid fellowship program for global leaders at host organizations in the USA. The Corps Fellowship is a 6-18 months professional fellowship which includes a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local transportation, and shared housing) and health insurance. All applicants must be aged 22-35 and must have 2-10 years of relevant experience in the nonprofit/social sector, a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, English proficiency, commitment to return to your home country after the fellowship. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: 6-18 months professional fellowship.
Field(s): Fellows serve at Host Organizations working on issues that complement their expertise.
Deadline: June 19, 2017.
Funded By: Atlas Corps
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Atlas Corps Paid Fellowship Program is targeted for applicants from around the world
‣ No. of awards: not specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The Atlas Corps Fellowship lasts for 6-18 months.
‣Value of Scholarship : This prestigious fellowship includes a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local transportation, and shared housing) and health insurance.
‣ Atlas Corps seeks nonprofit/NGO professionals from around the world to apply for Atlas Corps Paid Fellowship Program in the U.S.
‣ Atlas Corps engages leaders committed to the nonprofit sector in 6-18 month, professional fellowships at organizations to learn best practices, build organizational capacity, and return home to create a network of global leaders.
‣ Fellows serve at Host Organizations working on issues that complement their expertise. This prestigious fellowship includes a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local transportation, and shared housing) and health insurance.
‣ Most final decisions will be made by November 1-30 for January fellowship.
Scholarship Application Method
We consider applications on a rolling basis. You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to be considered for Host Organization placements, which begin in January, May, or September. The application is a multi-step process.
Atlas Corps receives hundreds of applications each month, so each of the steps listed above may take approximately 1-3 months. Most applications are reviewed within two major vetting periods each year. Occasionally Atlas Corps may “fast-track” applications for special opportunities, but in most cases, the vetting process will take several months overall. You may apply at any time and be considered, but we encourage you to spend some time on your application, including having it be reviewed by a peer, and then submit it as early as possible and not wait for any deadlines, so that we can start reviewing your eligibility and background. See below for the approximate calendar, which is subject to change.
If you submit Part 1 of the application by June 19, 2017:
July 15 - Priority deadline for the January Fellowship. Applications are taken year round, but earlier applications tend to be more successful.
July 15 - October 15: Applications reviewed and interviews conducted
November 1-30: Most final decisions made this month.
January: Fellows arrive for orientation and begin service at Host Organizations
November 1 - Priority deadline for the May Fellowship. Applications are taken year round, but earlier applications tend to be more successful.
November 1 - February 28: Applications reviewed and interviews conducted
March 1-31: Most final decisions made by this month
May: Fellows arrive for orientation and begin service at Host Organizations
March 15 - Priority deadline for the September Fellowship. Applications are taken year round, but earlier applications tend to be more successful. (Priority deadline: March 10, 2016!)
March 15 - June 30: Applications reviewed and interviews conducted
July 1-31: Most final decisions made by this month
September: Fellows arrive for orientation and begin service at Host Organizations
1. Online Application: All applications need to be submitted online. We will not accept applications via email or mail. You will need to create a login and you can save your responses so you can return to the application at any time. The application consists of background information, personal biography, essays, and letters of recommendation.
NOTE: In order to sponsor candidates to come to the United States for one year as a Fellow, we require detailed information about each applicant. The U.S. Government requires much of the information we are asking for in the application. Your responses also facilitate your Host Organization placement. Please answer each question honestly and accurately. It is critical to be honest and complete in your application. If you are found to be dishonest in the application, you will NOT be accepted as a Fellow and you will be sent home if you have been accepted.
2. Letters of Recommendation: Atlas Corps requires two (up to three) letters of recommendation from individuals who know you in a professional capacity and can write about your skills and experiences as well as your potential for success as an Atlas Corps Fellow. You will need to send your request for a letter of recommendation directly through the application system. Your recommender will receive an email that asks for a recommendation. More detailed instructions can be found in the online application form. Recommendation letters should be submitted within two weeks after submitting your application.
3. Review Process: Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee including Atlas Corps staff and nonprofit sector, government, and business leaders from multiple countries. English writing tests and phone interviews will be conducted with semi-finalists. Host Organizations will conduct Skype video interviews with selected finalists. Host Organizations will make their final recommendations to Atlas Corps, and Atlas Corps will notify the selected candidates.
4. Visa Process: After being selected, candidates will go to the U.S. Embassy in their respective countries to apply for a J-1 visa. Atlas Corps will provide support in obtaining this visa.
- See more at: http://atlascorps.org/apply-to-united-states.php#sthash.dZnbWI0H.dpuf
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
This article is sponsored by: http://TMJNoMore.com
The Only Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To Cure Your TMJ, Eliminate Bruxism Related Symptoms and Regain Your Natural Inner Balance → [http://tmjnomore.com]