ASM-CDC Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program in USA, and applications are submitted till January 15, 2016.The American Society for Microbiology and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention award postdoctoral research fellowship for individuals who either earned their doctorate degree or completed a primary residency within three years of their proposed start date. Fellowship supports the development of new approaches, methodologies and knowledge in infectious disease prevention and control in areas within the public health mission of the CDC. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: postdoctoral research
Field(s): Eligible fields of study include: Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, Viral and Rickettsial Infections, Nosocomial Infections, HIV/AIDS, Vector-borne Infectious Diseases and Parasitic Diseases.
Deadline: January 15, 2016
Funded By: The American Society for Microbiology (ASM) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ASM-CDC Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is targeted for applicants of all nationalities
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The fellowship is awarded for a maximum of 2 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Fellowship provides an annual stipend (up to $47,032), health benefits (up to $3000 annually) for a maximum of 2 years, relocation benefits (up to $500), and (up to $2000 annually) for professional development for a maximum of 2 years.
program is sponsored by the American Society for Microbiology (ASM)
and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The
goal of ASM/CDC Fellowship is to support the development of new
approaches, methodologies and knowledge in infectious disease
prevention and control in areas within the public health mission of
ASM-CDC Postdoctoral Research Fellowship allows one to perform
research in residence headquartered at a Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention (CDC) location.
‣ Applicants may not have a faculty position or be enrolled in a graduate degree program during the fellowship. Considerations will be given to individuals with more experience if there are compelling reasons.
‣ Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, or national origin.
‣ For foreign national applicants (only): If you are not a US citizen or permanent resident, you must provide evidence of a valid J-1 visa prior to starting your tenure at the CDC. The ASM/CDC Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program supports only the J-1 visa.
Selection Criteria for ASM-CDC Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
‣ Applications are reviewed for (i) scientific merit and training potential of the research proposal, (ii) training resources and environment from the identified preceptor, and (iii) congruence with the Centers for Diseases public health mission.
Notification Process for 2016 Applicants
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted online. Before initiating an the online application, identify a research project and preceptor listed in the Opportunities for Research and Principal Scientist Listing.
‣ As soon as possible, communicate and/or work with the Principal Scientist (Preceptor) in developing your research plan. Collaboration is required before submitting your application, and must be verified by the Principal Scientist after submission.
‣ Applications submitted without Principal Scientist collaboration will be disqualified.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 15, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.