Asia Leadership Fellowship Program (ALEP) in Japan , and applications are submitted till Thursday, December 22, 2016. Applications are invited for Asia Leadership Fellowship Program for collaborative and individual research/exchange activities. The ALFP is open to citizens of Northeast, Southeast and South-Asian countries and regions, aged 35 to 59, inclusive. During the program in Japan, the Fellows from diverse backgrounds reside in the center of Tokyo and actively engage in group discussions and dialogue with counterparts in Japan from different fields and sectors. The program period is from September 7 to October 31, 2015. Applicants must have a good command of English to engage in deep and substantial discussions in English. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Japan
Level:Fellowship is available for collaborative and individual research/exchange activities.
Field(s): Applicants have to actively engage in group discussions and dialogue with counterparts in Japan from different fields and sectors.
Deadline: Thursday, December 22, 2016
Funded By: The International House of Japan and the Japan Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Asia Leadership Fellowship Program is targeted for Citizens from Northeast-, Southeast- and South-Asian countries and regions can apply for this Leadership Fellowship Program.
‣ Award No: A maximum of nine fellows selected from Northeast, Southeast and South-Asian countries and regions.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The program period is from September 7 to October 31, 2015.
‣ Scholarship covers: The program will provide each fellow with the following: -Round-trip airfare between Tokyo and the city where the fellow is based. -A daily allowance (to cover accommodations, meals and other incidentals) -Medical insurance during the Program in Japan -Other costs related to group activities set by the Program
‣ In 1996, the International House of Japan and the Japan Foundation jointly launched the Asia Leadership Fellow Program (ALFP).
‣ The Asia Leadership Fellowship Program (ALFP) seeks to create a close, personal and professional network of public intellectuals in Asia, deeply rooted in and committed to civil society beyond their own cultural, disciplinary and geopolitical backgrounds.
‣ During the program in Japan, the Fellows from diverse backgrounds reside in the center of Tokyo and actively engage in group discussions and dialogue with counterparts in Japan from different fields and sectors.
‣ Since the initiation of the program, over 100 Fellows from 17 Asian countries from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds have participated to date.
‣ The ALFP believes that the fellows’ critical voices against the status quo and proposals for alternative solutions will lead to the development of new norms and value-orientations for the future of the region and beyond.
‣ Applicants must have a good command of English to engage in deep and substantial discussions in English.
‣ Applicants need to have a solid background in their own professions and have access to a wide audience in their country or region through publications, teaching, media, performance, etc. to disseminate their thoughts and findings.
‣ There is no prescribed set of professions for an ALFP fellow; the professions of past fellows include, but are not limited to, academia, journalism, business, national and local politics, education, administration, the arts, publications, and NGO and non-profit activities.
Selection Criteria for Asia Leadership Fellowship Program
‣ ALFP seeks public intellectuals who are deeply rooted in and committed to civil society beyond their own cultural, disciplinary and geopolitical backgrounds. More particularly, they are looking for those individuals who:
‣ Applicants will be notified by April 2017.
We are happy to announce that applications are now open for the ALFP 2017.
Application forms and guidelines are available below:
‣ Applicants should submit the following documents by post to the ALFP Secretariat: 1. Designated Application Form (pp. 6-7), completed, dated and signed. 2. Curriculum Vitae in English. This must not exceed 5 pages in length. 3. An essay of 500-1000 words in English 4. Two Letters of Recommendation, signed and sealed (using the designated form; pp. 8-9), from people familiar with your work who can comment on your professional achievements. 5. Two samples of recent written works in English, less than 10 pages in length (short essays, newspaper articles, etc.). Written samples that are related to your reason for applying for the ALFP or to the 2015 general theme are preferred.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on Thursday, December 22, 2016
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.