ASF Scholarship is offered for Dutch and International Students at Amsterdam University College for students enrolling in Bachelor (Honours) degree programme in liberal arts and sciences for a spring semester 2014 start. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Amsterdam University College in Netherlands.
Level : Bachelor (Honours) Degree
Field(s): liberal arts and sciences
Deadline: 1 November 2013
Funded By: Amsterdam University College, Netherlands.
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is open for all students (Dutch and international).
‣Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration:The scholarships are offered for the whole duration of the programme.
The Scholarships are paid to the student in 12 monthly instalments.
Students who receive this Scholarships will be evaluated after one year of study.
The Scholarships will be awarded for another year if the student:
‣ Scholarship Covers: The AUC Scholarship Fund offers two types of ASF Schola.: Full scholarships: EU students: EUR 5000 per year Non-EU students: EUR 15,000 per year. Partial scholarships: EU students: EUR 2500 per year Non-EU students: EUR 7500 per year. Please note that the scholarship cannot be used as a (partial) tuition fee waiver; students are responsible for paying the tuition fee themselves.
‣ Applications for this Scholarship is open to all students (Dutch and international).
‣The AUC Scholarship Fund offers two types of ASF Scholarships: Full scholarships: EU students: EUR 5000 per year Non-EU students: EUR 15,000 per year Partial scholarships: EU students: EUR 2500 per year Non-EU students: EUR 7500 per year.
‣The AUC Scholarship Fund Board, consisting of representatives of the sponsors and AUC, is responsible for the selection and decides whether the applicant gets a full or a partial scholarship, following a recommendation from the ASF Selection Committee.
‣ This Scholarship will only be awarded to selected persons who meet the following requirements.
Persons who fail to meet the following requirements cannot receive financial support. An ASF Scholarships awardees must:
‣ be fully admitted to Amsterdam University College. The Scholarship cannot be transferred to another academic year or another academic programme.
‣ have satisfied all visa and residence permit requirements, if applicable
‣ have proven both merit and financial need.
‣ may not receive another full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the ASF Scholarship. AUC must be notified if the student has been awarded another full scholarship, and which scholarship the student has decided to accept.
‣ may not also receive an ASF-DAP Award.
Candidates wishing to apply for an ASF Scholarships must meet the following requirements.
‣ Candidates must have submitted a complete application for admission to AUC
‣ Candidates must have excellent school results and a strong motivation as reflected in their application and recommendation forms. The selection committee will also look at extracurricular accomplishments and activities relevant for AUC, as well as the future leadership profile/skills of the candidates.
‣ Candidates must demonstrate financial need (provide proof that it is financially impossible for them to study at AUC without a scholarship).
Scholarship Application Method
‣ If you want to apply for this Scholarship, you must write a scholarship motivation letter, explaining clearly why you think you deserve a scholarship, and why you are applying for one.
‣ In addition to your scholarship motivation letter, you must also send us proof of your financial need.
‣ Dutch candidates can do this by confirming to us that, according to the information from DUO – IB-Groep (studiefinanciering), and based on their family income, they will receive the maximum additional grant (maximale aanvullende beurs).
‣ When they start at AUC in September, these students will be asked to deliver a copy of their DUO – IB-Groep declaration that they are indeed receiving the maximum additional grant.
‣ International students need to send copies of the salary statements of either parents or legal guardians, and preferably also their most recent tax returns.
‣ In order to be considered for the scholarship, the taxable income of both parents and legal guardians may not exceed EUR 45,000 or the equivalent in local currency.
‣ Ensure each document has the full name of the writer, contact telephone number and e-mail address. The documents must be accompanied with a signed declaration that all the documents have been filled in accurately and truthfully.
‣ Please send all documents for your application to the AUC Scholarship Fund e-mail address, or by post to AUC.
‣ Clearly mark all documents as belonging to an ASF Scholarships application and add to each document your full name, contact telephone number and e-mail address.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: The deadline for applications for an ASF Scholarship is 1 November 2013 for a spring semester 2014 start.
‣ Selection will be done in November 2013, and candidates will be notified of the results of the selection at the end of November 2013. No correspondence with the AUC Scholarship Fund Board about the selection will be accepted.
You may also like