ASEAN Foundation Scholarships is offered in Development, Environment, and IT at National University of Singapore. Full detail:
Beneficiaries( Target Group): ASEAN Foundation Scholarships are targeted for ASEAN nationals (except Singapore citizens and permanent residents) who wish to pursue a Masters (MS) Degree by research in NUS.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ Scholarship Covers: A monthly stipend of S$2,000; Tuition, examination fees and other approved fees at NUS; A one-off air travel allowance of one single trip ticket from home country to Singapore upon award of the scholarship; A one-off book allowance of up to S$200; Accommodation subsidy of Singapore Dollars (S$3,000) per year; Graduation gown rental fees; and A one-off air travel allowance of one single trip ticket from Singapore to home country upon successful completion of the course leading to the award of the degree.
School(Institutions/ Country): National University of Singapore, under the following faculties:
• Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
• School of Design and Environment (Real Estate & Building courses)
• Faculty of Law
• Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
Level: MS Degree
Field(s): Developmental Studies, Environment, Information and Communication Technology
Funded By: ASEAN Foundation
Deadline: 15 May/15 Nov(annual); Course starts January 2013
‣ No. of Awards: Two scholarship slots will be awarded based on merit.
‣ The ASEAN Foundation (AF) and NUS have entered into a new agreement to develop high quality human resources within ASEAN member countries through the ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarship.
‣ It has been mandated to promote greater awareness of ASEAN and greater interaction among its peoples and their increased participation in ASEAN activities as well as to undertake development cooperation activities that enhance mutual assistance, address equitable economic development and reduce poverty.
‣ This scholarship programme is part of the ASEAN Foundation Scholarships for Postgraduate Studies and funded through the Japan-ASEAN Solidarity Fund.
To qualify for ASEAN Foundation Scholarships, applicants must:
‣ be bonafide nationals of an ASEAN country (except Singapore citizens and permanent residents);
‣ Hold a good bachelors degree or its equivalent and possess a strong academic record;
‣ Satisfy other admission requirements as specified by the faculty/school they apply to;
‣ Submit a valid Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) result as evidence of their proficiency in the English language (for applicants whose native tongue or medium of university instruction is not English); and
‣ Agree to return and/or serve for at least 2 years in any ASEAN countries after completion of their studies.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ Applicants should also complete the ASEAN Foundation Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies Application Form and submit together with the Application for Admission form and other supporting documents to the relevant Faculty/School.
‣ It is important to visit the official website (sese the link below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Deadline for August semester is 15 November while deadline for January semester is May 15 of the previous year.
For more information, please contact Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also like