Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Predoctoral Fellowships for Member Countries, and applications are submitted till 31 March, 2016. International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) is offering Predoctoral fellowships for the nationals of an ICGEB Member State. These fellowships are awarded for pursuing PhD programme in life sciences at the Open University (UK) and the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) (Italy), the Jawaharlal Nehru University (India) and the University of Cape Town (South Africa). Fellowships are awarded up to 3 (three) years with the possibility of 1-year extension. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Italy, India, South Africa and UK (Indian and South African nationals are not eligible to apply for the ICGEB fellowship in their home country)
Level: Fellowships are awarded for pursuing PhD programme at the Open University (UK), the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) in Trieste, Italy, the Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi and the University of Cape Town in South Africa.
Deadline: 31 March 2016.
Funded By: International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Predoctoral Fellowship is targeted for applicants of an ICGEB Member State (Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, FYR Macedonia, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwaait, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Venezuela and Vietnam)
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are awarded up to 3 (three) years with the possibility of 1-year extension.
‣ Scholarship covers: -Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 10,000.
‣ ICGEB offers postgraduate studies with the aim of obtaining the “Doctor Philosophiae” (PhD) degree in the life sciences.
‣ Thanks to specific agreements, the title can be awarded through a number of academic institutions of international standing, which include the Open University (UK) and the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) in Trieste, Italy, the Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi and the University of Cape Town in South Africa.
‣ The structure of the three-year PhD course includes intensive laboratory research activities, participation in seminars and communication training during Journal Club sessions, symposia and international meetings.
‣ Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State. Nationals of India and South Africa, ICGEB Host Countries, are not eligible to apply for ICGEB Fellowships in their home country.
‣ Degree requirements: applicants for ICGEB Trieste and Cape Town should hold a BSc (Honours) degree; applicants for ICGEB New Delhi should hold a MSc degree.
‣ Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
‣ Candidates for Trieste, Italy must be below the age of 32 years at the time of application (i.e. date of birth after 31/03/1983). There is no age limit for applications for ICGEB New Delhi and Cape Town.
Selection Criteria for Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Predoctoral Fellowship
‣ The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete applications received by the closing date. Endorsement by the respective country’s Liaison Officer is a fundamental requirement for the Fellowship to be awarded.
Notification for Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Predoctoral Fellowship
‣ The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please complete the application online.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 31 March 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.