Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Fellowships in Life Sciences , and applications are submitted till 31 March and 30 September .. International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) is awarding postdoctoral fellowships for scientists wishing to pursue postdoctoral research in a world-class scientific environment. The Fellowships consist of a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and additional benefits. Fellowship is awarded for the duration of 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension. Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless working abroad at the time of application. Full details:
Level: postdoctoral ; PhD ; Short-term
Field(s): Life Sciences.
Deadline: 31 March and 30 September .
Funded By: International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) of the Open University, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for applicants of an ICGEB Member State (Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast , Croatia, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Poland, FYR Macedonia, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Venezuela and Vietnam)
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship is awarded for the duration of 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellowship provides:
-Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 15,000.
Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
All Research costs will be supported by the research group’s budget.
Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Fellowship Programmes
1. PhD fellowships
ICGEB offers postgraduate studies with the aim of obtaining the “Doctor Philosophiae” (PhD) degree in the life sciences. Thanks to specific agreements, the title can be awarded through a number of academic institutions of international standing, which include The Open University (UK) and the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) in Trieste, Italy, the Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi and the University of Cape Town in South Africa.
The structure of the three-year PhD course includes intensive laboratory research activities, participation in seminars and communication training during Journal Club sessions, symposia and international meetings.
Closing Date for Applications: 31 MARCH
2. Postdoctoral fellowships
ICGEB offers competitive Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue postdoctoral research in a world-class scientific environment.
The Fellowships consist of a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and additional benefits.
Closing Dates for Applications: 31 MARCH and 30 SEPTEMBER
3. Short-term fellowships
Short-term fellowships can be awarded, as follows:
ICGEB offers Short-term fellowships for Pre-doctoral and Postdoctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories to fund ongoing collaborative research between scientists from ICGEB Member States and research groups at ICGEB laboratories in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa, with the aim of facilitating access to the latest research techniques and to strengthen capacity building.
The ICGEB SMART Fellowship programme promotes the mobility of researchers between ICGEB Member States as a way of enhancing skill development, acquisition of specific hands-on training in new technologies and increasing bilateral cooperation in science and technology, and should show clear evidence of strong collaboration between the two laboratories.
Closing Dates for Applications: 31 MARCH, 30 JUNE, 30 SEPTEMBER, 31 DECEMBER
‣ Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless working abroad at the time of application.
‣ Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
‣ Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
Selection Criteria for Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowships
‣ The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete applications received by the closing date. Endorsement by the respective country’s Liaison Officer is a fundamental requirement for the Fellowship to be awarded.
‣ The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please complete this application online.
1 Short-term fellowships
In Member States: Scientific Mobility for Advanced Research Training (SMART)
2 Postdoctoral fellowships
‣ Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
‣ Please note that all submitted applications will be transmitted to the respective ICGEB Liaison Officer in the country of which you are a national for eventual endorsement.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Dates:
Postdoctoral fellowships: 31 MARCH and 30 SEPTEMBER
PhD fellowships: 31 MARCH
Short-term fellowships: 31 MARCH, 30 JUNE, 30 SEPTEMBER, 31 DECEMBER
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
This article is sponsored by "http://www.truthaboutcellulite.com/ " . Which is popularly known for providing Tip Helps to Kill Cellulite on butt, legs, hips & thighs AND also if you want quickly find the Five Keys to Kill Your Cellulite, http://www.truthaboutcellulite.com/ is the site to go....