ANZCA International Scholarship in Anaesthesia and applications are submitted till 16th June, 2014. Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists is offering international scholarship for recently qualified specialist from a developing country. This Anaesthesia scholarship is intended to allow the recipient to join the staff of a major hospital or rotation in Australia or New Zealand for a period of up to one year. The recipient will be expected to attend the New Fellows’ Conference and the Annual Scientific Meeting of the College and/or Faculty of Pain Medicine, in addition to undertaking other relevant activities. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Australia or New Zealand
Level: Scholarship is available for consultant anaesthetist to work in a hospital in Australia or New Zealand for up to a year.
Field(s): Scholarship is designed to increase the recipient’s capacity to advance anaesthesia and/or pain medicine for the benefit of his or her community.
Deadline: 16th June, 2014.
Funded By: Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ANZCA International Scholarship is targeted for Students from developing countries can apply for this Anaesthesia scholarship.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: This Anaesthesia scholarship will be awarded for a year.
‣ Scholarship covers: Funding will cover: -Return economy class airfare between home country and Australia or New Zealand. -Assistance for family travel may be provided. -Visa, medical insurance, registration, police check and other related expenses. -A living allowance. -Costs of attendance at approved educational activities.
‣ To foster leadership in anaesthesia and pain medicine in developing countries, by providing a recently qualified specialist with the opportunity to pursue additional training in Australia or New Zealand.
‣ The ANZCA International Scholarship is intended to allow the recipient to join the staff of a major hospital or rotation in Australia or New Zealand for a period of up to one year.
‣ This may be adapted to the requirements of the individual recipient.
‣ The recipient will be expected to attend the New Fellows’ Conference and the Annual Scientific Meeting of the College and/or Faculty of Pain Medicine, in addition to undertaking other relevant activities (for example, Effective Management of Anaesthetic Crises, regional continuing medical education meetings).
‣ A graduate of his or her country’s specialty training program to local fellowship or masters level.
‣ Aged between 25 and 40 years.
‣ Citizenship of a developing country.
‣ Must not have residency status in Australia or New Zealand.
‣ Meets the relevant Australian and New Zealand government immigration requirements.
‣ Meets the eligibility criteria imposed by the government of his or her country of citizenship.
‣ Adequate knowledge of the English language at a professional level, to satisfy Australian or New Zealand medical registration requirements (for example, IELTS).
‣ Capacity to become a leader in anaesthesia and/or pain medicine in his or her own country.
‣ Timely submission of a detailed application on the appropriate form, supported by sponsorship statements and contact details of referees.
‣ Ability to commence the scholarship in the calendar year for which it is offered. -Must not hold another scholarship during the period of this scholarship.
‣ Members of the Overseas Aid Committee will consider the potential of each applicant to contribute to anaesthesia or pain medicine in his or her country through:
‣ Applications must include all information requested and must be submitted by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 16th June, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.