Anne van den Ban Fund offers Scholarships for Developing Countries at Wageningen University. Full details:
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: not specified.
‣ Scholarship Covers: ‣ The fund covers full or partial scholarships. Contact the scholarship provider for more information. Chances of selection increase if the student is ready and able to contribute financially to his/her study. This contribution has to be transferred to the Wageningen University in order to obtain a visa for the Netherlands. Moreover, the student has to pay his own trip to and from Wageningen.
School(Institutions/ Country): Wagenignen University | Netherlands
Level: Masters (MS) Degree
Field(s): Selected Masters Programme offered at the University that is related to agriculture, food, and environment.
Funded By:Anne van den Ban Fund
Deadline: 1 May 2013 (annual)
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Anne van den Scholarship is open for Students from Africa and South and South-East Asia and from other countries with a GDP per capita below $ 3000.
In order to be considered for Anne van den Scholarship, you:
1. come from Africa, South- and South-East Asia and other countries with a average gross income per person of last than $ 3000,- a year.
2. have already been accepted to a study programme in agriculture, food or environment for which financing is necessary;
3. not be married to a Dutch native, because the expected career path would then take place in the Netherlands, and/or the partner/in-laws could assist in the financing;
4. not have a refugee status, because these students are not inclined to return to their home country and are able to request funds and financing from other sources;
The target group application will not be considered in any one of the situations below:
5. if they have already received a scholarship (i.e. NFP) for their study but need an extension. These students do not have to pay extra tuition and their scholarships provide enough funding to absorb any kind of delay.
6. if they were able to finance their previous study programme themselves but wish to follow an internship/conduct research in a more expensive country, or to follow an extra course.
In the selection procedure by programme coordinators, study coaches and professors with regard to the ABF, the student from the target group may apply if the student:
7. has a steady record of good grades in their own country or in a WU study programme, so that it can be expected that the study will be completed successfully in the minimum amount of time needed;
8. is motivated to return to their home country upon completion of the study and has the possibility for employment in order to apply theory to practice;
9. has already worked in a project/programme that contributes to combating poverty or improvement of the living environment, thereby having conducted useful work to be able to continue with upon the study’s completion;
10. is not eligible for a NFP scholarship;
11. is eligible for another but limited scholarship or has current but insufficient financing means.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ Before you can be considered for the Anne van den Ban scholarships, you must first gain admissions to a supported Masters Program offered at the University. Refer to the application guidelines and requirements.
‣ The selection procedure for the Anne van den Ban Scholarship Fund has been changed.
‣ Candidates will now be selected in close cooperation with the university. The fund will no longer look at individual applications.
‣ Therefore you can’t apply for a scholarship, you have to wait if a combined Wageningen University Fellowship/Anne van den Ban scholarship is offered to you.
‣ The deadline for admissions for Non-EU students is 1 May 2013.
‣ The scholarship application deadline may differ. It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like