ANESI Visiting Fellowship for Outstanding Women Geoscientists in Africa , and applications are submitted till 30 June 2015. Applications are invited for ANESI’s visiting Fellowship for Outstanding Women Geoscientists. Fellowship is availble for best performing female students to pursue post-graduate education (PhD programmes) and career in Earth sciences. A maximum grant of 2500 USD/fellow will cover the travel and subsistence costs. Two months Visiting fellowships is funded in the general framework of 2014-2017 Programme Cooperation Agreement between UNESCO and the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Africa
Level: This is two months visiting fellowships programme.
Field(s): The objective of this programme is to attract best performing female students to pursue post-graduate education and career in Earth sciences.
Deadline: 30 June 2015.
Funded By: Earth Science Education Initiative in Africa, UNESCO
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ANESI Visiting Fellowship is targeted fore Students of Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, .
Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for these scholarships
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Visiting Fellowship for Outstanding Women Geoscientists duration is two months.
‣ Scholarship covers: A maximum grant of 2500 USD/fellow will cover the travel and subsistence costs.
‣ In the framework of the Earth Science Education Initiative in Africa, UNESCO has facilitated the setting up the African Network of Earth Science Institutions (ANESI) to promote high quality research and training through collaboration and partnership among Earth science institutions.
‣ The Visiting Fellowship for Outstanding Women Geoscientists is one of the core capacity building activities with the objective to improve the involvement of women in post-graduate studies.
‣ The ANESI Visiting Fellowship programme is funded in the general framework of 2014-2017 Programme Cooperation Agreement between UNESCO and the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida).
‣ The objective of this programme is to attract best performing female students to pursue post-graduate education and career in Earth sciences.
Selection criteria for ANESI Visiting Fellowship
‣ The selection of candidates will be on a competitive basis.
‣ To that end, an international committee will be set up. Priority will be given to those institutions having provision of matching funds for the same activity. ANESI will require a report from the host institution and from the beneficiaries immediately upon completion of the exchange program.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be send via e-mail. Institutions should submit on behalf of their best performing post-graduate female student (only one per institution) an application that includes :-
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 June 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.