AMVETS Scholarships are offered by University of Phoenix for Undergraduates or Graduates. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Phoenix | USA
Level: Undergraduate or Graduate Degree
Field(s): courses offered by University of Phoenix in USA.
Deadline: August 8, 2013.
Funded By: University of Phoenix in USA.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): AMVETS Scholarships are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Fifty scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship covers: Through this scholarship program, fifty (50) scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $7,000 each to be applied to tuition at University of Phoenix.
‣ University of Phoenix is pleased to partner with the AMVETS to offer a scholarship program.
‣ AMVETS was originally founded in 1944 to support the needs of World War II veterans.
‣ Since being founded, AMVETS now assists individuals who are currently serving, or who have honorably served, in the U.S. Armed Forces from World War II to the present.
‣ As part of their commitment, AMVETS supports those who desire to finish their education.
Applicants for the AMVETS Scholarships must demonstrate the following to be considered:
‣ Applicants who reside in the United States must meet one of the following requirements:
Applicants must be one of the below:
‣ Applicants must submit a copy of their DD214 (member 4) or a signed letter from Command certifying active duty status.
‣ Applicants must submit a copy of their Student Aid Report (SAR). *See SAR requirement below.
‣ Applicants, once enrolled, must not receive a total of 100% tuition reimbursement from any source(s) including but not limited to: corporate reimbursement, other scholarships and/or private grants with the exception of Veteran’s Administration GI benefits or Veteran’s Administration Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits and Title IV financial aid funding. Applicants must meet all admissions requirements of University of Phoenix.
‣ Applicants must not be an employee or family member (spouse, dependent child or domestic partner) of an employee of Apollo Group, Inc., University of Phoenix, Western International University, Institute for Professional Development or any other subsidiary of Apollo Group, Inc.
‣ Applicants must submit a complete, signed application, together with all supporting documentation by the deadline date listed under the Selection Process section.
‣ The completion of the application form does not create an obligation to award a scholarship to applicant.
‣ Applicants must submit completed essays as described in the Essay section. High importance will be placed on the applicant’s desire to advance in their education, with an emphasis on furthering their careers, and their impact in the community in which they reside.
‣ The AMVETS Scholarships award will be based on the committee’s scores of the overall quality of the application and the scholarship essay(s).
‣ The higher the average score, the higher the probability of selection.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online here.
‣ Access the University of Phoenix AMVETS Scholarship online application.
‣ Follow the instructions to complete the online application, including the essays.
‣ Review your application before submitting.
‣ Print a copy of the submitted application for your records.
‣ If you are 21 years of age or younger, you must submit supplemental materials
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date:The application deadline is August 8, 2013.
‣ The scholarship committee will determine the recipients of the scholarship on, or shortly after, the award date of November 11, 2013.
‣ You will be notified via email around the time of the award date regarding the status of the scholarship.
‣ You will receive a notification email soon thereafter regardless if you were selected as a recipient or not.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, 2014, Graduates, scholarships, Undergraduates, University, USA