Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship for International students except non-EU/EEA students. Offered by University of Amsterdam, Netherlands. Applications are open until 1st February, 2014. Let's dive in to the full details. You ready?
School(Institutions/ Country):University of Amsterdam | Netherlands
Level: Master’s Degree
Field(s): Any of the courses offered by University of Amsterdam
Deadline: 1st February, 2014
Funded By: University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship is
targeted for International students except non-EU/EEA students.
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship will be offered for one year with the possibility of extension for a second year for two-year Master’s programmes.
‣ Scholarship covers: The AES is a full scholarship of € 25,000 covering tuition and living expenses for one academic year, with the possibility of extension for a second year for two-year Master’s programmes. Scholarship recipients will join extracurricular activities and become part of a selective community.
‣ In 2014, the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) will be launched, targeting exceptionally talented Master’s students from outside Europe.
‣ The AES is a full scholarship of € 25,000 covering tuition and living expenses for one academic year, with the possibility of extension for a second year for two-year Master’s programmes.
‣ Scholarship recipients will join extracurricular activities and become part of a selective community.
Candidates wishing to apply for an Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
‣ Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (Studiefinanciering; for more information please refer to www.DUO.nl). The scholarship office should be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit, and/or possible Studiefinanciering support throughout the academic year.
‣ Be (provisionally) admitted to an English-taught MA programme at the Graduate School of Humanities. Please check our general entry requirements.
‣ Be (provisionally) admitted to a Master’s programme at the University of Amsterdam for the first time. AES will not be awarded to candidates who are admitted for a second Master’s programme at the University of Amsterdam.
‣ Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations as indicated by the IND (Dutch Immigration Service).
‣ Be enrolled at the UvA as a full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which the scholarship is awarded. Scholarship continuation is not guaranteed when a candidate changes his or her Master’s programme.
‣ The candidate may not receive another scholarship for the same period of study as the AES. Please notify the scholarships office when another scholarship has been awarded and accepted.
‣ Eligible candidates are selected for an Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship on the basis of their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field as evidenced by:
‣ Apply online.
‣ To apply for an AES scholarship we require the following five documents: Note that you might need to upload some of the same documents for your Master’s application as well.
‣ Proof that you belong to the 10% of graduates from your class.
‣ Please let your dean fill in the form that we will provide.
‣ a letter of recommendation by a dean, teacher or academic supervisor;
‣ an AES letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) addressed to the director of the Graduate School of Humanities, in which you explain the reasons for choosing the specific MA programme in the Humanities (broader context, relevance for future career);
‣ a description of extracurricular activities such as participation in student commissions, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work;
‣ proof of English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL): TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1st February, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Candidates who are awarded an AES scholarship will be contacted in April, 2014.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Excellence, International, Master, Netherlands, Scholarships