AMIDEAST Blog Abroad Scholarships in Egypt, Jordan and Morocco ,and applications are submitted till October 15, 2014. AMIDEAST offers Blog Abroad Scholarships for US Bloggers to study Jordan, Morocco and Oman semester-long programs. Up to four recipients are selected to act as correspondents. Correspondents must submit a blog entry based on a choice of topics every two weeks. Bloggers must have a travel and creative writing skills. Bloggers receive $1,000 scholarship, which will be made in the form of an AMIDEAST program fee reduction. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Egypt, Jordan and Morocco
Level: Semester-long programs
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded to blog writers for programs offered by AMIDEAST at Jordan, Morocco and Oman.
Deadline: Spring 2015 is October 15, 2014.
Funded By: AMIDEAST
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): AMIDEAST Blog Abroad Scholarships are targeted for Students of USA .
‣ Award No: Up to four recipients are selected to act as correspondents.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships will be awarded for one semester or one summer term only.
‣ Scholarship covers: Please keep in mind that applicants to the AMIDEAST Blog Abroad Scholarship are also eligible to the AMIDEAST Education Abroad Scholarships which are both merit- and need-based. Selected blogger’s receive the following benefits: -$1,000 scholarship, which will be made in the form of an AMIDEAST program fee reduction. -Travel writing experience and editorial support. -Frequent publishing on AMIDEAST’s collaborative student blog, Mosaic.
‣ Up to four AMIDEAST Blog Abroad Scholarships recipients are selected to act as a “correspondents” for our Egypt, Jordan, and Morocco semester-long programs.
‣ The three-four correspondents submit a blog entry based on a choice of topics every two weeks.
‣ While developing travel and creative writing skills, students also critically reflect in writing on their education abroad experience with AMIDEAST. AMIDEAST Blog Abroad Correspondents are also eligible for other AMIDEAST scholarships.
‣ Funding is available only to citizens and permanent residents of the United States participating in AMIDEAST Education Abroad Programs in Jordan, Morocco and Oman.
‣ Awards are made only to students who submit a completed scholarship application and a complete program application by the established deadline.
‣ Every two weeks, recipients must submit a 500-700 word blog entry which includes at least one photograph.
‣ The blog entry should address one of a series of topics from a selected list provided to correspondents at the beginning of the semester from the AMIDEAST Education Abroad Headquarters office.
‣ Scholarship applications from all qualified students will be considered.
‣ However, preference will be given to applicants who fulfill one or more of the following criteria:
‣ Students who are selected to receive scholarships will be notified by email within one month of the scholarship application deadline.
‣ To be considered for a AMIDEAST Blog Abroad Scholarships, please submit the required documents by the appropriate deadline.
‣ A complete application will include the following: -A completed scholarship application form, available, HERE,
‣ On a separate page, include a 500 word, typed, single-spaced, sample blog entry. Topics are provided in the application.
‣ A resume
‣ A link to your current blog (if applicable) The completed documents must be scanned and emailed to DocsEdAbroad-at-amideast.org by the deadlines. Late applications will not be accepted.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The application closing dates are as follows: For Summer 2014: March 15, 2014, For Fall 2014 or Academic Year 14-15: April 15, 2014, For Spring 2015: October 15, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.