American Freedom Foundation and Kaplan University are offering scholarship program to assist spouses of U.S. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Undergraduate online Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
Deadline: July 19, 2013.
Funded By: Kaplan University and the American Freedom Foundation in USA.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):Scholarship is Open for students of USA.
‣ Award No: Two full scholarships and an unlimited amount of partial scholarships will be awarded to military spouses and dependents.
‣ Scholarship covers:
‣ Kaplan University and The American Freedom Foundation are sponsoring this program to assist spouses of U.S. service personnel and dependent children who choose to enroll in applicable Kaplan University online associate’s or bachelor’s degree programs.
‣ This is the third time Kaplan University, a leader in higher education, and the American Freedom Foundation, an organization committed to honoring members of the armed forces, have teamed up to offer the scholarship program for the spouses and dependents of active-duty service members.
‣ Kaplan University offers a multitude of services for online military students, which includes help from specially trained admissions, academic and financial aid advisors in the Military Student Support Center. In addition, the University reduces tuition for active-duty service members, military veterans and military spouses by 55, 38 and 10 percent, respectively.
‣ Kaplan University offers credit for military training and experience and accepts credit from other Service member Opportunity Colleges.
‣ Current and prior Kaplan University students are not eligible.
‣ No direct scholarship payment will be made to the recipient.
‣ The tuition and fees will be provided to the recipients as a credit toward their student account at Kaplan University.
‣ There will be no cash value for unused scholarship amounts, and students will not receive any cash payments or credits other than amounts credited toward the cost of their program tuition as applicable based upon the type of scholarship received.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to avail American Freedom Foundation:
‣ Be a spouse of U.S. service personnel, a dependent child (age 24 and under) of a U.S. service personnel, or child or spouse of a deceased U.S. Service member.
(1)Service personnel are defined as those members who are on active duty as well as current members of the National Guard or Reserve.
(2) Dependent children are defined as biological, step- or legally adopted children living in the Service member’s household or primarily supported by the Service member.
‣ Plan to enroll at Kaplan University in at least the minimum number of credit hours per term required by the associate’s or bachelor’s program, and start classes no later than 60 days from notification of award eligibility.
‣ Have the following minimum CGPA from either previous high school or current college coursework (whichever is applicable) on a 4.00 grading scale (or its equivalent):
(1)3.75 or higher on a 4.00 scale (or its equivalent) to be eligible for the American Freedom Foundation/Kaplan University Full Scholarship;
(2) 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) to be eligible for the American Freedom Foundation/Kaplan University Partial Scholarships.
‣ Note: Applicants with both previous high school and college coursework will be evaluated based on the most recent CGPA from college coursework, unless one full academic term has not been completed, in which case the final high school CGPA will be evaluated.
‣ Applicants who meet all eligibility requirements but are not chosen as the recipient for a full American Freedom Foundation/Kaplan University Scholarship award will be automatically considered for a partial American Freedom Foundation/Kaplan University Scholarship.
‣ All award recipients must deliver official transcripts (high school or prior non-Kaplan University undergraduate coursework) to the Kaplan University Prior Learning Assessment Center (550 West Van Buren Street, 7th Floor, Chicago, IL 60607) to claim the scholarship award.
‣ Current or prior students of Kaplan University are not eligible to apply.
‣ Employees of Kaplan, Inc., and its subsidiaries and their spouses or children are not eligible to apply.
‣ The scholarship recipients will be selected with consideration of academic performance, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, a statement of career and educational goals and objectives, and unusual personal or family circumstances. Financial need is not considered.
‣ The prospective recipients must be verified as clear with the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) database.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ In addition to completing and submitting the online application, applicants must submit the following documents in English. Include your name and application ID number on all required documents.
‣ PDF files are preferred. You may upload them as part of your application OR mail paper copies to Kaplan University/American Freedom Foundation Full Scholarship, Scholarship Management Service.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 19 July 2013 for full scholarships and 31October 2013 for partial scholarships.
‣ Full Scholarships: Kaplan University will notify the recipients by the end of August 2013.
‣ Partial scholarship: Kaplan University will notify recipients throughout the application period as eligibility is verified.
‣ Students whose applications do not appear to be eligible for this program will be notified by Scholarship Management Services upon receipt and evaluation and before October 31, 2013.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...