Alexander Herzen Junior Visiting Fellowships at IWM in Austria , and applications are submitted till April, 28th 2016. The Mikhail Prokhorov Foundation and the Institute for Human Sciences (IWM) are jointly awarding junior visiting fellowships to undertake research projects in the humanities or social sciences. Fellows will be invited from Siberia and Russia (Ural and Far-Eastern federal districts and the Voronezh, Lipetsk, Belgorod, Ryazan and Kaluga regions) to spend a six-month research term at the IWM between July 2016 and June 2017. The fellows will receive a grant (stipend) in the amount of EUR 12 700 in total to cover all expenses related to their stay in Vienna. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Austria
Level: research projects
Field(s): The program is generally open to all research topics within the humanities and social sciences. However, to facilitate opportunities for academic exchange between fellows at the IWM, research proposals related to one of the Institute’s main fields of study are strongly encouraged. These fields are: Sources of Inequality, Religion and Secularism, Democracy in Question, United Europe – Divided History, Cultures and Institutions in Central and Eastern Europe and the Philosophical Work of Jan Patocka.
Deadline: April 28th 2016
Funded By: The Mikhail Prokhorov Foundation and the Institute for Human Sciences (IWM)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Alexander Herzen Junior Visiting Fellowships are targeted for Applicants from Siberia and Russia (Ural and Far-Eastern federal districts and the Voronezh, Lipetsk, Belgorod, Ryazan and Kaluga regions) are eligible to apply for these Visiting fellowships.
‣ Award No: Three fellowships will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellows will be invited to spend a six-month research term at the IWM between July 2016 and June 2017. The exact dates of the fellowship term will be negotiated individually with each fellow.
‣ Scholarship covers: The fellows will receive a grant (stipend) in the amount of EUR 12 700 in total to cover all expenses related to their stay in Vienna.
‣ The Mikhail Prokhorov Foundation and the Institute for Human Sciences (IWM), Vienna/Austria, jointly announce the Call for Applications for the Alexander Herzen Fellowships 2016-2017.
‣ The Alexander Herzen Junior Visiting Fellowships are designed as an award for excellence for the most promising young researchers in the Humanities and Social Sciences from the Siberian, Ural and Far-Eastern federal districts, and the Voronezh, Lipetsk, Belgorod, Ryazan and Kaluga regions.
‣ must have completed a degree equivalent to a Master of Arts (M.A.) in the humanities or social sciences and currently pursue a post-graduate degree in the humanities or social sciences;
‣ or must have recently obtained a PhD in the humanities or social sciences and work as post-doctoral researchers;
‣ must not be older than 35 years;
‣ must have experience in working on research projects independently
‣ must have advanced English language proficiency, allowing them to present and discuss their research in English; and
‣ must live, study and work in the Siberian, Ural and Far-Eastern federal districts, and the Voronezh, Lipetsk, Belgorod, Ryazan and Kaluga regions.
Selection Criteria for Alexander Herzen Junior Visiting Fellowships
‣ Alexander Herzen Junior Visiting Fellows are selected on the basis of an open competition and according to the criteria set out in the Call for Applications.
‣ Each eligible application will be evaluated by an expert jury according to the following selection criteria:
‣ Applicants will be notified of the jury decision in June 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
Applications should be send via e-mail and also by post. Candidates must submit the following materials:
‣ the application form (Russian and English versions)
‣ a motivation letter summarizing the applicant’s qualification and experiences as well as the professional/academic advancement expected from the fellowship
‣ a concise research proposal in Russian and English (max. 4 pages)
‣ a curriculum vitae in Russian and English
‣ a sample of an academic publication written by the applicant
‣ three letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work
Please send your application drawn up in accordance with the conditions outlined above (one printed copy anda complete electronic version on any data medium).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on April 28th 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.