Al-Habeeb Scholarship in Multimedia Journalism, UK, and applications are submitted till 7 October 2016. Manchester Metropolitan University is offering one Al-Habeeb Scholarship of £5,000 for the full-time MA in Multimedia Journalism , in the Faculty of Humanities, Languages and Social Science at Manchester Metropolitan University, for September 2017 entry. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | UK
Level: MA degree
Field(s): Multimedia Journalism in the Faculty of Humanities, Languages and Social Science at Manchester Metropolitan University in UK.
Deadline: 7 October 2016
Funded By: Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Al-Habeeb Scholarship is targeted for UK, EU and International Students
‣ Award No: A scholarship is offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship is available for £5,000 for the full-time MA in Multimedia Journalism, in the Faculty of Humanities, Languages and Social Science at Manchester Metropolitan University.
‣ University is delighted to be offering one Al-Habeeb Scholarship for £5,000 for the full-time MA in Multimedia Journalism, in the Faculty of Humanities, Languages and Social Science at Manchester Metropolitan University, for September 2017 entry.
‣ The purpose of the Al-Habeeb Scholarship is to encourage student recipients to champion and promote the issues facing Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) communities in the United Kingdom through journalism and writing.
‣ Graduates of all disciplines are equipped with knowledge and skills in journalism through intensive practical training and tuition.
‣ Designed to meet the requirements of the Broadcast Journalism Training Council, the course is taught by dedicated staff with media and industry experience, and strong professional connections.
‣ You will benefit from a mandatory placement providing key networking opportunities which will also enhance your employability.
‣ Candidates must apply to, and receive an offer of a place on, the full-time MA Multimedia Journalism degree for 2015 entry before applying for the Scholarship.
‣ Candidates must demonstrate their interest in championing and advocating BME community issues through volunteering, employment, academic study and/or in writing.
‣ The Scholarship is available to candidates for the full-time MA in Multimedia Journalism programme only.
‣ The Scholarship is available to self-funded candidates only.
‣ The Scholarship is available to candidates of any nationality from the UK, EU and overseas.
‣ The Al-Habeeb Scholarship may not be added to other University bursaries or scholarships, such as the family or Vice Chancellor’s scholarships.
Notification for Al-Habeeb Scholarship
‣ The successful candidate will be notified of the Al-Habeeb Scholarship Awarding Panel’s decision in October 2016. The Awarding Panel’s decision is final.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The mode of applying is by post, fax or electronically. To apply for the Al-Habeeb Scholarship, applicants must:
‣ Apply to, and receive an offer of a place on, the full-time MA Multimedia Journalism degree programme at Manchester Metropolitan University for 2016 entry.
‣ Download and complete the Al-Habeeb Scholarship Application Form and read the terms and conditions.
‣ The Al-Habeeb Scholarship Application Form asks the applicant to write a personal statement of approximately 1000 words, which should cover the following four areas: demonstrate an interest in writing and/or debating about BME issues (giving specific examples of academic/writing experience where/if possible); provide examples of how to tackle stereotypes and myths about BME communities through journalism; suggest ways to improve communications between BME communities and host communities; describe how an applicant would be an advocate and champion for BME community issues during their studies and after completing the programme.
‣ The answers to the four sections will be allocated points and used by the Al-Habeeb Scholarship Awarding Panel to select the Scholarship recipient. Submit your CV together with the completed Al-Habeeb Scholarship Application Form.
‣ The CV will be used to corroborate experience outlined in the personal statement and Submit your Al-Habeeb Scholarship Application Form, together with your CV.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 7 October 2016.