Akili Dada Fellowship for Young African Women Leaders, and applications are submitted till Friday, November 11th 2016. Applications are invited for Akili Dada fellowship from young African Women leaders between the ages of 23-30. fellowship is available for those who are driving transformative change in their communities and are looking to grow their projects to scale and sustainability. Applicants must be from an economically disadvantaged background and be able to commit one year to the fellowship program (beginning January 2016 and ending December 2016). Applicants must be able to attend trainings every other month for one week in Nairobi, Kenya are eligible. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Kenya (to attend training every other month for one week), Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda or Burundi
is a one year fellowship program
awarded to design and implement solutions to the challenges faced by
their communities. It provides opportunities for dynamic young
women leaders to learn essential skills and apply those skills in the
context of their communities.
November 11th 2016
Dada Fellowship is targeted for Young women from marginalized communities (women living with disabilities, pastoralists, Arid and Semi-Arid Land areas) are encouraged to apply
is awarded for a period of one year.
Dada fellows will benefit from
Access to Akili Dada’s office facilities.
Dada is an international award-winning leadership incubator nurturing
a generation of young African women from underprivileged backgrounds
whose commitment to the underserved will transform their communities.
leadership development curriculum creates the foundation on which
young women ages 13-35 build their skills and earn the essential
qualifications they need to access key decision-making roles and
selecting from and building the capacity of some of Africa’s most
innovative young women change makers, they are meeting the
urgent need for both more African women in leadership as well as the
overall need for transformative leadership across the continent.
‣ Be a young woman between the ages of 23-30
‣ Be from an economically disadvantaged background.
‣ Have a Social Enterprise (a business with a social impact) or a Social Innovation (an initiative that has social impact).
‣ Demonstrate previous leadership initiative and experience.
‣ Have been working on your project for at least two years preferably on a full time basis
‣ Be able to commit one year to the fellowship program (beginning January 2016 and ending December 2016)
‣ Be able to attend training every other month for one week in Nairobi, Kenya
‣ Must be able to communicate in English both written and verbal.
Selection Criteria for Akili Dada Fellowship
Fellows will be selected on the basis of
‣ The strength of their social change project
‣ Previous leadership initiative
‣ Willingness to learn from peers and more experienced mentors
‣ The ability to share their skills with peers and intended project beneficiaries
All fellows need to have deep roots in the communities they seek to transform and be from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. Selection is NOT based on past academic performance or qualifications.
‣ Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Completed applications can be submitted via website or sent via e-mail to apply-at-akilidada.org.
‣ Here 's the Online Application
‣ Also submit two Letters of Recommendation from persons who are well acquainted with you, your commitment to social change work, demonstrated leadership initiative and experience, and your connection to the community where you intend to implement your fellowship project.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on Friday,
November 11th 2016
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.