AITHM Postgraduate Scholarships in Tropical Health and Medical Research in Australia, , and applications are submitted till 28 February 2015. The Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine is awarding postgraduate scholarships for outstanding and highly motivated students who wish to commence a PhD in 2015. AITHM’s focus is on research in tropical health and medicine across a wide range of disciplines, with a particular focus on northern Australia, Papua New Guinea, and the Pacific. Scholarship of $28,000 per annum will be awarded for up to 3 years full time. Applications are welcomed from Australian and New Zealand citizens/ permanent residents and international applicants. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Australia
Level: Scholarships are available for undertaking PhD research project at Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine (AITHM).
Field(s): PhD projects will be available in one or more of AITHM’s key research areas: Theme A. Re-emerging infectious diseases, vectors and Australia’s health security; Theme B. Health Systems Research; Theme C. Chronic Diseases with high prevalence in Tropical Australia; Theme D. Molecular Development of Therapeutics; Theme E. Genetic and epigenetic aspects of disease and Theme F. Occupational Health and Safety.
Deadline: 28 February 2015
Funded By: The Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): AITHM Postgraduate Scholarships are targeted for Australian and New Zealand citizens/ permanent residents and international applicants
‣ Award No: A number of PhD scholarships will be available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for 3 years full time.
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarship has a value of $28,000 per annum.
‣ The Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine (AITHM)
is a newly-established health and medical research institute within James Cook University that is funded by both state and federal governments.
‣ AITHM’s focus is on research in tropical health and medicine across a wide range of disciplines, with a particular focus on northern Australia, Papua New Guinea, and the Pacific.
‣ The Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine has a number of PhD scholarships available for outstanding and highly motivated students with an interest in tropical health and medical research, who wish to commence a PhD in 2015.
Bachelors degree with at least Class la or IIa honours, or a Masters degree with a research component or equivalent. Applications welcomed from Australian and New Zealand citizens/ permanent residents and international applicants.
Selection Criteria for AITHM Postgraduate Scholarships
‣ Candidates should be highly motivated, and are expected to be involved in cutting-edge research that they will present at national and international conferences, and publish in high-ranking journals.
‣ Interested applicants are invited to submit an AITHM 2015 PhD Scholarship Expression of Interest.
‣ Shortlisted applicants will be invited to discuss possible projects with potential supervisors and submit an application for candidature for Higher Degree by Research to James Cook University.
‣ Dependent on PhD project, candidates will be able to undertake their studies in either Townsville or Cairns. To apply for this scholarship, please contact aithm-at-jcu.edu.au for an application pack.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 28 February 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.