AIC Foundation Scholarships for students of Canada. Agricultural Institute of Canada Foundation offers scholarships for graduate students in Canada. Scholarships provide financial support to students entering second or subsequent years of graduate studies. Applications are open until January 17, 2014. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate degree level at Canadian university.
Field(s): Scholarships are provided in the field of soil science and related studies (agriculture, agro-ecology, resource management, environment, geology or other related disciplines) at Canadian university.
Deadline: January 17, 2014.
Funded By: AIC Foundation.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): AIC Foundation Scholarships are targted students of Canada.
‣ Award No: Two scholarships will be offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarships will be tenable for full-time study in the 2014-15 academic year at any recognized Canadian university.
‣ Scholarship covers: In 2014, two $5,000 scholarships will be offered.
‣ Dr. Karl C. Ivarson worked as a soil scientist with Agriculture Canada in the Soil Research Institute, Soil Biochemistry Section.
‣ In 1978 he was transferred to the Chemistry and Biology Research Institute where he researched and resolved many problems of the effect of microbial activity on mineral transformations in soils. To provide financial support to students entering second or subsequent years of graduate studies in soil science (in areas of agriculture, agro-ecology, resource management, environment, geology or other related disciplines) at a recognized Canadian University. In 2014 there will be two $5,000 scholarships offered.
Have what it takes to avail AIC Foundation Scholarships?
‣ Candidates must hold Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident status in Canada.
‣ Candidates must be registered full-time in a masters or doctorate program in the area of soil science (agriculture, agro-ecology, resource management, environment, geology or other related disciplines).
‣ Candidates must be enrolled in their graduate program until at least one semester beyond the application deadline (January 17, 2014).
‣ Previous recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for subsequent awards.
‣ Candidates may be pursuing course work electronically on-line or by attending classes on campus.
‣ Scholarships will be awarded on the following basis but not necessarily placed in order of importance:
‣ Applicants are required to apply by post.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The application deadline is January 17, 2014. Materials postmarked after January 17, 2014 will not be considered.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, 2015, agriculture, Canada, Geology, Graduate, scholarships, Soil Science, students