AgriVenture Global and the International Agricultural Exchange Association (IAEA) is offering 4-H Agri-V Scholarship for Agri-V travel and work program. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Denmark, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand or Japan
Level: Agri-V travel and work program.
Field(s):Placements are available in almost all fields of Agriculture Horticulture sector.
Funded By: Agri V Global and the International Agricultural Exchange Association (IAEA)
Deadline: November 1, 2013.
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is Open for students of Canada.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: From the provincial/territorial submissions, one applicant will be selected for an AgriVenture program scholarship.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Agri V programs may take place from 4 months to a year. The longer programs often combine travel and work in two countries.
‣ Scholarship Covers: Scholarship is of scholarship of $3,000 to be applied to the AgriVenture program fee. Agri Venture provides:
‣ All Canadian provincial and territorial 4-H organizations have been invited to select one candidate each to be submitted for consideration by AgriVenture Global and IAEA.
‣ From the provincial/territorial submissions, one applicant will be selected for an Agri Venture program scholarship of $3,000 to be applied to the Agri V program fee.
‣ The cost is determined by where you want to go and for how long. An exchange to Europe is approximately $5,000, while a program to Australia or New Zealand will be approximately $6,000, depending on the length of stay (2013 prices).
‣ An Around-theWorld program includes a placement in Australia or New Zealand for six months and then in Europe for another six months is approximately $9,200.
‣ The Agri V Scholarship may be used toward any Agri Venture program.
To avail AgriVenture Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria.
‣ Be between the ages of 18 and 30 at the time of travel;
‣ Have been a member of the 4-H program for a minimum of two years;
‣ Provide a letter from a former general or project leader confirming their 4-H registration of participation.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply: Application can be sent by post.
‣ Carefully complete the 4-H application, making sure you have provided all the information and required letters of reference; then submit them before the deadline.
‣ The provincial/territorial 4-H selection committee will choose the applicant to forward to the AgriV and IAEA selection committee.
‣ Provincial/territorial applicants may be invited for an interview to assist in the selection.
‣ From the provincial/territorial candidates, the successful national applicant will be selected.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: Completed application, with references, must be received by November 1, 2013.
‣ The provincially- selected candidate will be notified by December 1, 2013 and the final selection will be made by January 15, 2014.
‣ It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like