Agris Mundus Masters Scholarships. Erasmus Mundus is offering masters scholarships at the partner universities in Netherlands, Denmark, Ireland, Italy, Spain and France. Applications open until February 6th, 2014.Let's dive in to the full details. Ready?
School(Institutions/ Country): At partner universities of Europe (Wageningen University and Research Centre, WUR in Netherlands, University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Sciences in Denmark, University College Cork (UCC) in Ireland, University of Catania in Italy, Technical University of Madrid in Spain and Montpellier SupAgro in France | Netherlands, Denmark, Ireland, Italy, Spain and France
Level: Master Degree
Field(s): Sustainable Development in Agriculture.
Deadline: February 6th, 2014.
Funded By: Erasmus Mundus
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): The Agris Mundus Masters Scholarships is targeted to: 1. the 28 Member States of the EU: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom. 2. the countries of the European Economic Area / European Free Trade Association (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) 3. the third countries (all the other countries of the world).
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is offered for two-year.
‣ Scholarship covers: Category A scholarship(Agris Mundus Masters Scholarships): Contribution to travel, installation and any other type of costs is EUR 8 000 for the 2 years EUR 3 000, Contribution to the Agris mundus fees (including insurance coverage) is EUR 4 000/semester and Monthly allowance is EUR 1 000 /. Category A scholarship holders will receive as soon as possible after arrival a lump sum of 4 000 Euros representing a part of the travel + installation costs. The secretariat and the host universities will do their best to help the selected students to open a bank account. Students should be aware that this procedure may be subject to regulations and that it may take several weeks. Category B scholarship: Contribution to travel, installation and any other type of costs only if the studies include a master thesis at one of the Associate partners countries is EUR 2 000 / semester, Contribution to the Agris mundus fees (including insurance coverage) is EUR 500/month and Monthly allowance is EUR 500 / month.
Agris Mundus Masters Scholarships
‣ Every year, there are two rounds of academic admission.
‣ You can apply for academic admission either at Round 1 (between October and January) or at Round 2 (between March and May),
‣ but Erasmus Mundus scholarships are only offered at Round 1. General training objective :
According to the training track they chose, graduates can deal with:
To avail Agris Mundus Masters Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Bachelor of Sciences (180 ECTS) or equivalent in Agricultural sciences or a BA in Social Sciences if the candidate can demonstrate a particular interest for agriculture;
‣ Verified excellent quality of the institution where this last degree was obtained;
‣ Excellent academic background with marks identifying the candidate among the 20% best students of his former studies (1st class or 2nd class with honors);
‣ Strongly convincing letter of motivation and 2 letters of support from referees.
‣ English: IELTS 6 in English is required for all training tracks starting with an M1 in Copenhagen. IELTS 6.5 is required for all training tracks starting in Cork or in Wageningen. 1) Group A candidates
‣ Group A corresponds to nationals from another country than the European Union Member States and Switzerland, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein all together.
‣ Group A candidates who have been residents or have carried their main activities in one of the Group B countries for more than 12 months over the last five years, will also be considered within the Group B.
‣ Group A candidates may be awarded with an Erasmus mundus scholarship category A. for 2011-2013, among the selected 60 candidates admitted at round 1, 8 applicants have been awarded with an Erasmus Mundus scholarship category A. 2) Group B candidates
‣ Group B corresponds to nationals from the European Union Member States, or from Switzerland, Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein.
‣ Agris Mundus Masters Scholarships Candidates from Group A countries who have been residents or have carried their main activities in one of the Group B countries for more than 12 months over the last five years, will also be considered within the Group B.
‣ 6 applicants have been awarded with an Erasmus Mundus scholarship Category B for 2011-2013.
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 6th February 2014, midnight.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Agris Mundus Masters Scholarships
‣ It is the Consortium’s responsibility to inform the students/doctoral candidate of the scholarship/fellowship selection results after being notified by the Agency.
‣ The Consortium submits the list of students proposed for a scholarship as well as the reserve list for students (for both Category A and Category B scholarships) to the Agency by 28 February.
‣ By the end of March, after having checked the eligibility of the proposed lists, the Agency will inform the Consortium of the approval of the lists (main and reserve list) and provide it with the students’ visa support documents.
‣ As soon as the Consortium has received this confirmation, it can in turn notify the students concerned. This should occur by Mid April.
You may also like
‣ Erasmus Mundus
Scholarship Tags: 2014, agriculture, Denmark, Europe, France, International, Ireland, Italy, Master, Netherlands, scholarships, Spain