Aga Khan Foundation offers International Scholarship Program . Full details:
School(Institutions / Country) : Institutions in countries affillated with Aga Foundation
Level: Masters, PhD Degree
Field(s): Any; not specified.
Deadline: 31 March (annual)
Funded by: Aga Khan Foundation
Beneficiaries( Target Group): The Foundation accepts applications from countries where it has branches, affiliates or other AKDN agencies which can help with processing applications and interviewing applicants. At present, these are Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Mozambique, Madagascar, France, Portugal, UK, USA and Canada.
Benefits(Value/ Inclusions): The Foundation assists students with tuition fees and living expenses only. The cost of travel is not included in AKF scholarships. Applicants are requested to make every effort to obtain funding from other sources as well, so that the amount requested from the Foundation can be reduced to a minimum. Preference is given to those who have been able to secure some funding from alternative sources.
‣ The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies.
‣ Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant : 50% loan basis through a competitive application process once a year.
‣ The Foundation gives priority to requests for Master’s level courses but is also willing to consider applications for PhD programmes, when doctoral degrees are necessary for the career objectives of the student.
‣ Requests will also be considered for travel and study awards for PhD students doing their research in Third World countries on topics judged to be of interest to the Aga Development Network.
‣ Applications for short-term courses are not considered; neither are applications from students who have already started their course of study.
Preference is given to students under 30 years of age. See selection Criteria below.
‣ The main criteria for selecting award winners are: l) excellent academic records, 2) genuine financial need, 3) admission to a reputable institution of higher learning and 4) thoughtful and coherent educational and career plans.
‣ Candidates are also evaluated on their extra-curricular interests and achievements, potential to achieve their goals and likelihood to succeed in a foreign academic environment.
‣ Applicants are expected to have some years of work experience in their field of interest.
‣ Half of the scholarship amount is considered as a loan, which must be reimbursed with an annual service charge of 5%. A guarantor is required to co-sign the loan agreement.
‣ The payback period is five years, starting six months after the study period funded by the Aga Khan Foundation.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The application procedures of AKF’s International Scholarship Programme are decentralized.
‣ Completed applications should be returned to the agency from which the form was obtained, or to the address indicated on the front of the form. They should not be sent to Geneva.
‣ The deadline for submission of applications is 31 March, although in certain countries internal deadlines may be earlier.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
Share Online ; If you can, help others.