African Union Scholarship for Female Students , and applications are submitted till 31st May 2014. The Commission of the African Union is offering Scholarship for female students to study in reputable African Universities. This scholarship programme is for postgraduate level in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Education Science (STEME). The master programs are of two years duration; while the PhD programme are of three years duration. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): African Universities | Africa
Level: postgraduate level for masters and PhD programmes
Field(s): Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Education Science.
Deadline: 31st May 2014.
Funded By: The Commission of the African Union
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): African Union Scholarship for Female Students are targeted for African female students
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Masters programme should be of two years duration; while the PhD programme should be of three years duration.
‣ Scholarship covers: Not Specified
‣ The Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme was launched in 2007 with the aim of contributing to the production and retention of high caliber African human capital for sustainable development of the continent in critical development areas, while promoting regional integration through intra-African mobility of students.
‣ The African Union Scholarship for Female Students is intended to enable young Africans to study in leading African Universities with a binding agreement that beneficiaries will work in any African country for at least the same duration of scholarship period after graduation.
‣ To encourage the participation of young African female students at postgraduate level, for Masters and PhD programmes in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Education Science (STEME), the Commission of the African Union is offering the second Special Call for Scholarship Applications (For Female Applicants Only) to study in reputable African Universities.
a candidate must:
‣ Be a Female Citizen of an African Union Member State.
‣ Be under the age of thirty five (35) years for Masters Programmes; and under forty (40) years for PhD Programmes.
‣ Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field, at the level of Upper Second Class Honours for a Masters’ Programme; and a holder of masters’ degree in the relevant field for a PhD Programme. The degree must be from a reputable University
‣ Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards if any.
‣ Have proof of admission to undertake a full time Masters or PhD programme in a recognized university of an African Union Member State.
‣ Be willing to commit to work in an African Union Member State on completion of studies for at least three (3) years.
‣ Applications for the scholarships must be submitted via post and electronically.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st May, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like