African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship for Sub-Saharan Africans, and applications are submitted till October 13, 2017. Applications are invited for African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship Program. Scholarship is awarded for pursuing one to two year Master’s level program in public administration, public policy or public finance at a Canadian university. Applicants must be a citizen and resident of sub-Saharan Africa and must be between 22 and 35 years old are eligible to apply. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
to two year Master’s level program in public administration, public
policy or public finance at a Canadian university.
is available in the field of public administration, public policy or
Deadline: October 13, 2017.
Funded By: The Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) in collaboration with The Institute of Public Administration of Canada (IPAC)
Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship
is targeted for applicants from sub-Saharan African countries
(Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroun, Cape
Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo
(Brazzaville),Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ivory Coast,
Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia,
Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mali,
Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda,
Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia,
South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda,
Zambia, Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this scholarship
No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The ALT scholarship allows studies in a Master’s degree program in public administration, public policy or public finance only and for a maximum period of two years (24 months). There are no other programs that will be eligible.
‣ Scholarship covers: The ALT scholarship includes:
‣ The African Leaders of Tomorrow (ALT) Scholarship Program commemorates the late Nelson Mandela’s commitment to social justice and equity by supporting young African professionals to become leaders in public policy and administration.
‣ The African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship will grant scholarships to young African women and men to pursue a Master’s degree in public administration, public policy or public finances.
‣ Scholarships will be awarded based on merit to young professionals from sub-Saharan Africa. The Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) in collaboration with The Institute of Public Administration of Canada (IPAC) will implement the ALT Scholarship Program with the objective of contributing to a strong and effective public sector in sub-Saharan Africa.
‣ Special consideration will be given to equitable representation across the continent and to the advancement of women leaders. This program is undertaken with the financial support of the Government of Canada through the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD), and The MasterCard Foundation.
‣ Be a citizen and resident of sub-Saharan Africa
‣ Be between 22 and 35 years old (at the beginning of the study program)
‣ Have completed an undergraduate university degree (4 years of university) with a minimum average of B (75%)
‣ Have two to five years of work experience in the public sector, civil society sector or research and academic institutions in Africa
‣ Be fluent in French or English
‣ Meet all the academic requirements of the study program of choice
‣ Candidates who have obtained Canadian citizenship, who are permanent residents or who have applied for permanent residency in Canada are not eligible.
‣ Candidates who are already enrolled in a degree or any program of study at a Canadian university are not eligible.
Selection criteria for African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship
Eligible candidates with complete files will be assessed against the following criteria by a national selection committee:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The Competition is now open. Deadline to apply is October 13, 2017 .
Candidates are required to communicate with us at alt-at-cbie.ca to find out if they meet the eligibility requirements, and to receive an access code and link to the online application form.
‣ Candidates are required to fill out an electronic application form and submit the following documents to be eligible:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 13, 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.