African Guest Researchers' Scholarship Programme, 2014 Sweden
This scholarship programme is directed at scholars in Africa, engaged in research on the African continent. Female researchers are especially encouraged to apply for these scholarships. Full details of the scholarship are as follows:
School:The Nordic Africa Institute
Deadline:1 April 2013
Funded by: The Nordic Africa Institute
Beneficiaries: the scholarship is open for African students
- The Guest Researchers’ scholarship includes a return air-fare (economy class), accommodation, a subsistence allowance of SEK (Swedish kronor) 300 (approx. USD 45) a day plus an installation grant of SEK 2,500 (approx. USD 370),
- a shared office and free photocopying facilities up to a maximum of 1,000 copies.
- Guest Researchers have access to a computer/MS Word at the office and have to do their own typing.
- The maximum duration of the stay is 90 days.
- The Guest Researcher is expected to give a lecture in at least one other Nordic country.
- Train or air tickets (economy class) and accommodation will be provided for this trip. Guest Researchers are sometimes invited to write a discussion paper for the Institute’s publications’ series or a short article for the Institute’s website.
- The draft of the discussion paper should be presented during the stay in Uppsala, preferably in a public forum.
- Research Scholarship for African Researchers in Agrarian Change, Property and Resources Conflict, Displacement and Transformation Globalization, Trade and Regional Integration, Urban Dynamics at Nordic Africa Institute, Sweden 2012
- One important task of the Nordic Africa Institute is to establish and maintain relations with African research communities.
- This is inter alia carried out through a Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme, the aim of which is to provide opportunities for African scholars to pursue their own research projects, thereby indirectly strengthening the academic milieux in African countries, and promoting scholarly exchange with Nordic research communities.
- This scholarship programme is directed at scholars in Africa, engaged in research on the African continent.
- Female researchers are especially encouraged to apply for these scholarships.
Purpose of the Scholarship
- The aim of which is to provide opportunities for African scholars to pursue their own research projects, thereby indirectly strengthening the academic milieux in African countries, and promoting scholarly exchange with Nordic research communities.
- The Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme is directed at scholars in Africa engaged in research on/about the African continent and with a proven track record of extensive research experience.
- The applicant should be placed at or affiliated with an African university or other African research institution.
- We would especially like to encourage women to apply for these scholarships.
- Application form (pdf)
- Applications can be sent by post/airmail or by email.
- Applications sent by email should contain only 1 copy of each document.On the subject line of your email, write: “APPLICATION African Guest Researchers’ Scholarship.”
- Applications sent by email should only contain 1 copy of each document. Scanned versions of signed support letters can also be sent to the above email address.a completed application form (2 copies) a short motivation of your selection of NAI research cluster (2 copies) an up-to-date curriculum vitæ (2 copies) a short abstract of the research project to be carried out at the Nordic Africa Institute (2 copies) a well elaborated research proposal outlining the main features of the research topic.
- The proposal should focus on the project to be carried out at the Nordic Africa Institute and include the expected results.
- Length of the proposal: 5 pages (2 copies) copies of and/or references to the applicant’s publications; the two most important articles related to the research project to be pursued at the Nordic Africa Institute (2 copies of each) a signed letter of support from the applicant’s Head of Department or other senior scholar in the same field.
- Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more Information about the scholarship
You may also be interested
Note: Please, help by pressing the face book like button to viral the post viewed by others !!!