African Guest Researchers Scholarship Programme at Nordic Africa Institute , and applications are submitted till 1 April 2015. The Nordic Africa Institute is offering Guest Researchers’ Scholarship for African scholars to pursue their own research projects at NAI – Africa. This scholarship programme is directed at scholars in Africa, engaged in research on the African continent. Female researchers are especially encouraged to apply for these scholarships. The applicant should be placed at or affiliated with an African university or other African research institution. The maximum duration of the stay is 90 days. Guest Researchers have the possibility to present their research at the Nordic Africa Institute and at other institutions in the Nordic countries. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Africa (Nordic Africa Institute)
Level:pursue their own research projects at NAI – Africa.
Field(s): for the research projects related to current thematic research clusters at the Institute: Agrarian Change, Property and Resources, Conflict, Displacement and Transformation, African International Links and Urban Dynamics.
Deadline: 1 April 2015.
Funded By: The Nordic Africa Institute
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): African Guest Researchers Scholarship Programme is targeted for African scholars (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda,
Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The maximum duration of the stay is 90 days. To be entitled to a refund of the travel costs, the Guest Researcher has to stay for at least two months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Guest Researchers’ scholarship includes a return air-fare (economy class), accommodation, a subsistence allowance of SEK (Swedish kronor) 300 (approx. USD 45) a day plus an installation grant of SEK 2,500 (approx. USD 380), a shared office and free photocopying facilities up to a maximum of 1,000 copies. Guest Researchers have access to a computer/MS Word at the office and have to do their own typing.
‣ This African Guest Researchers Scholarship Programme is directed at scholars in Africa, engaged in research on the African continent.
‣ Female researchers are especially encouraged to apply for these scholarships. One important task of the Nordic Africa Institute is to establish and maintain relations with African research communities.
‣ This is inter alia carried out through a Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme, the aim of which is to provide opportunities for African scholars to pursue their own research projects, thereby indirectly strengthening the academic milieux in African countries, and promoting scholarly exchange with Nordic research communities.
‣ The applicant should be placed at or affiliated with an African university or other African research institution. They would especially like to encourage women to apply for these scholarships.
‣ Applications can be sent by post/airmail or by email.
‣ Applications sent by email should contain only 1 copy of each document. Please note: On the subject line of your email, write: “APPLICATION African Guest Researchers’ Scholarship.” Applications sent by email should only contain 1 copy of each document.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1 April 2015 (for a scholarship in 2016).
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.