AFD PSIA Student Scholarships for the students of Africa. Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) and the French Development Agency offer AFD- PSIA student scholarships to study Master program in Development Practice or in International Development at Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) for the 2014 intake. Applications are open until February 4th, 2014.. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) | France
Level: Master's Degree
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded to study Master program in Development Practice or in International Development
Deadline: February 4th, 2014.
Funded By: Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) and the French Development Agency
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): AFD PSIA Student Scholarships are targeted for the students of Africa:Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these scholarships. (Priority will be given to students of Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central
African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ghana, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal and Togo.)
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The AFD PSIA scholarship is offered for the entire length of study at PSIA on condition of sufficient academic performance (top 50% of class). Students who do not meet this requirement will have their scholarship withdrawn. -Master in Development Practice: in principle, the scholarship is offered for one year. Students enrolled on this program must show sufficient academic performance during the first semester or their scholarship will be withdrawn in the second semester. -Master in International Development: in principle, the scholarship is offered for both years of study. Students enrolled on this program must show sufficient academic performance over the course of the first year or their scholarship will be withdrawn in the second year.
‣ Scholarship covers:( AFD PSIA Student Scholarships) Partial to full tuition grants will be offered every year to incoming students in the Development programs of PSIA, coming from AFD priority countries in Africa. The AFD PSIA Scholarship goes towards covering tuition fees.
AFD PSIA Student Scholarships
‣ Based on a special partnership between the Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) and the French Development Agency (AFD), multiple scholarships ranging from partial to full tuition grants will be offered every year to incoming students in the Development programs of PSIA, coming from AFD priority countries in Africa.
‣ The AFD is the main implementing agency for France’s official development assistance to developing countries and overseas territories.
To avail AFD PSIA Student Scholarships, eligible candidates:
‣ are students admitted to the Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) for the 2014 intake, and enrolled in the Master in Development Practice (one year program). Students enrolled in the Master in International Development (two year program) are also eligible.
‣ The AFD-PSIA Scholarship is dedicated to students from Africa.
‣ Priority will be given to students coming from the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ghana, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, and Togo. -Students applying to a dual degree program are not eligible.
‣ Important: please note that an application to the AFD-PSIA Scholarship does not constitute an application to Sciences Po.
‣ All applicants must first complete an application for admission to Sciences Po and ensure they have submitted it successfully.
‣ If this first stage is not completed, the application for the AFD-PSIA Scholarship will not be considered.
‣ Multiple scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis to the best candidates on the basis of their academic record and their project at Sciences Po.
‣ Successful applicants will be notified by March 31st, 2014.
‣ To apply, please send the following materials by email to Heather Clarke at heather.clarke-at-sciencespo.fr with ‘AFD-PSIA Scholarship Application 2014’ in the subject line.
‣ For all applicants: CV in English, Cover letter of 1000 words in English (indicating which program at PSIA you are applying for) addressed to the members of the joint selection committee , Release form For applicants coming from Sciences Po’s Undergraduate College only, in addition to the two above mentioned items (CV and cover letter), please also provide: Copy of the official academic transcripts for the entire length of your time in higher education (including periods spent abroad on exchange programs) and Two letters of reference from professors.
‣ To ensure confidentiality, these letters should be sent by the professors directly by email to: heather.clarke-at-sciencespo.fr.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 4th February 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Africa, College, Ethiopia, France, Master, scholarships, SOUTH AFRICA, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe