Advanced Academia Fellowships for International Scholars in Bulgaria, and applications are submitted till October 1, 2016. The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) announces a Call for Applications for its 2017/2018 In-Residence Advanced Academia Fellowships for fundamental research in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences. Applicants must have completed a PhD in the fields of the humanities and social sciences. CAS Sofia provides in-residence fellowships of two- to five- month duration to post-doctoral non-Bulgarian researchers. Junior as well as Senior scholars are invited to apply. Selection will be done on the basis of high quality of the candidate’s academic portfolio and publications, participation in international research. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Bulgaria
Level: Research Programme
Field(s): for fundamental research in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences.
Deadline: October 1, 2016
Funded By: The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): This fellowship is targeted for Foreign applicants
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Candidates may apply for two periods:
‣ Scholarship covers: CAS Sofia provides in-residence fellowships of two- to five- month duration to post-doctoral non-Bulgarian researchers. Junior as well as Senior scholars are invited to apply.
The selected Fellows are entitled to: -A monthly stipend of 700 euro (liable to 10% income tax) to cover living expenses related to the stay in Sofia. -Accommodation in Sofia, comprising living quarters and working space. The Fellows will also have free access to the CAS library and electronic resources/databases. -Travel allowance (400 euro) -Research expenses (100 euro p.m.)
‣ CAS Sofia is an independent Institute with international and multidisciplinary profile. Located in Sofia, Bulgaria, it promotes high-level scholarship in the social sciences and the humanities.
‣ In addition to supporting focus-group research, CAS Sofia invites outstanding scholars to pursue their individual research projects during in-residence periods of up to five months.
‣ The invited Fellows participate in the intellectual life and the scholarly community of the Centre (Bulgarian and foreign fellows) while working on projects of their own choice.
‣ Advanced Academia Fellowships Fellows receive adequate material and intellectual support and can profit from the Centre’s wide international networks, international seminar- and guest-lecturer programme.
‣ CAS Sofia assists Fellows in all practical matters concerning travel, residence and research in Sofia.
‣ Be non-Bulgarian citizens;
‣ Have completed a PhD in the fields of the humanities and social sciences;
‣ International research experience (participation in projects and refereed conferences) and publications in peer-reviewed academic editions are strong advantages.
‣ High quality of the candidate’s academic portfolio and publications, participation in international research;
‣ Innovative fundamental research proposal with significant contribution;
‣ Interdisciplinary and/or comparative approaches are an advantage.
‣ Applicants must apply via email.
Links for downloading:
Please carefully consider these two documents when preparing your application. They can be downloaded also from www.cas.bg.
For Junior scholars (up to 12 years after PhD defense) only: two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant's academic work should be emailed to CAS by the referees.
Extensions to this period may be allowed in case of eligible career breaks which must be properly documented (maternity leave, long-term illness leave, national service).
All application documents should be presented in English and sent by e-mail to email@example.com with a subject entry "Advanced Academia Fellowships"
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 1, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...