Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships are offered annually by University of Adelaide for 60 fellows. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Adelaide | Australia
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): all disciplines and an appropriate research project is available within the Faculty/School.
Deadline: 11 October 2013
Funded By: University of Adelaide
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships are targeted for Australian citizens, permanent residents or citizens of other countries and international students.
‣ Award No: Up to 60 Summer Research Scholarships are available for undergraduate students.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarship will last for at least six weeks during the 2013-2014 summer vacation. The duration of the scholarship may be extended to more than six weeks by a Faculty/ School subject to funding availability.
‣ Scholarship covers: Each scholarship provides a living allowance of at least $200 per week for six weeks. The value of the living allowance of the scholarship is usually $1200, paid at $400 per fortnight for the six-week period of the research project. Tax payments are not usually deducted from these payments. Recipients of the scholarship are responsible for seeking advice from the Australian Taxation Office regarding the status of the scholarship with regard to taxation.
‣ Up to 60 Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships are available at the University of Adelaide in 2013-2014.
‣ The purpose of the scholarships is to encourage undergraduate students to consider undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Adelaide leading to a career involving research.
‣ The scholars will work with a research team to stimulate their enthusiasm for advanced study. Each scholarship provides a living allowance of at least $200 per week for six weeks.
‣ Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships are available to undergraduate students, particularly those in the later years of their Bachelor’s degree who wish to undertake a six-week project at the University of Adelaide overthe 2013-2014 summer vacation.
‣ Applicants should have completed some study towards a degree at the University of Adelaide, which is at a standard acceptable for admission to an Honours program.
‣ Generally, these scholarships will be awarded to students who have completed at least two years of a Bachelor’s degree program at the University of Adelaide.
‣ In exceptional circumstances, these scholarships may be awarded to students on completion of the first year of the program, but only after consideration of the applicants who have completed second year.
‣ Australian citizens, permanent residents, or citizens of other countries and international students who hold current appropriate visas permitting study in Australia are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
‣ Scholarships are available in all disciplines provided an appropriate research project is available within the Faculty/School.
‣ It is the responsibility of students to ensure that an appropriate research project is available within their Faculty/School.
‣ Students who are in receipt of, or expect to receive any other summer or vacation scholarships over the 2013-2014 summer vacation (e.g. National Heart Foundation Summer Scholarship, Cancer Council Vacation scholarships) are not eligible for the Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships unless the other scholarship is for a separate project.
‣ The scholarships are awarded on the recommendation of the relevant Faculty/School, to the most meritorious students, having regard to academic merit and the availability of a relevant research project within the Faculty/School, which would be beneficial and of interest to each student selected.
‣ As applicants will need to be matched to suitable research projects, the scholarships may not be awarded strictly on the basis of academic merit.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Completed application forms should be submitted via post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 11 October 2013.
For more information, please see the scholarship rules.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, 2014, Adelaide, Australia, research, scholarships, Summer, Undergraduate