Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) for Overseas Applicants in Australia , and applications are submitted till 31 January 2018 Round 2, 2018 (Semester 1 or Semester 2, 2018 intake), University of Adelaide is accepting applications for Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) available for overseas students to pursue Higher Degree by Research (Masters/ Doctoral). International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Adelaide | Australia
Level: Higher Degree by Research (Masters/ Doctoral)
Field(s): any of the courses offered by the University of Adelaide
Deadline: 31 January 2018 Round 2, 2018 (Semester 1 or Semester 2, 2018 intake),
Funded By: University of Adelaide, Australia
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Adelaide Scholarships International is targeted for International Students
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The ASI provides -Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only), -An annual living allowance ($25,392 in 2014) for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only), and -If the award holder holds a subclass 574 visa the award covers the cost of compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) World care policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the period of the scholarship. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 574 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
‣ The selection and ranking of applicants for Adelaide Scholarships International within the University of Adelaide is undertaken by the Graduate Scholarships Committee, using the criteria of academic merit and research potential.
‣ An annual living allowance ($25,392 in 2014) for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only).
‣ In order to be eligible applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year).
‣ All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed. -Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential.
‣ Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
‣ International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
‣ International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date, or who have completed a Pre-Enrolment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study, are not eligible.
‣ Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible. -Those undertaking research via remote candidature are ineligible.
‣ Adelaide Scholarships International Candidates are required to enroll in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrollment in the University.
‣ Candidates who have applied for Australian permanent resident status can apply for ASI scholarships.
‣ International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award, unless they can establish that they were unable to apply in the previous round.
‣ Scholarships holders must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered.
‣ 2015 Adelaide Scholarships International Applicants who applied and were eligible for consideration in an international scholarship round, and were unsuccessful, will automatically be reconsidered in the following international scholarship round, assuming they hold a valid offer of candidature for that intake.
‣ An applicant who has been considered in 2 rounds cannot be reconsidered in any future scholarship rounds.
‣ The offer of a Adelaide Scholarships International is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor.
‣ The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrollment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
‣ Generally applicants who succeed in winning an ASI scholarship have completed a Masters degree including a significant research component and have several publications and relevant work and research experience.
‣ Adelaide Scholarships International will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
Scholarship Application Method
We strongly recommend that you submit your application with all the required documentation well before the deadline because applications that are incomplete by the scholarship application deadline will not be considered for a scholarship in that round.
‣ To apply please submit a formal application for Admission and a Scholarship via online application system.
Applications must be submitted via the online application system.
‣ There is no application fee. The University of Adelaide is unable to provide an assessment of eligibility for candidature and/or a scholarship until a formal application is submitted and assessed.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 January 2018 Round 2, 2018 (Semester 1 or Semester 2, 2018 intake),
Round 2, 2018
Intake/Commencement: Semester 1 or Semester 2, 2018 intake
Last Day to Apply: 31 January 2018
Last Day to Enrol**: 31 August 2018 (Successful scholarship applicants in round 2 will be required to commence studies by 31 August 2018; however if the applicant only holds an offer for admission for the semester 1 intake s/he will be required to commence studies by 30 June 2018).
Anticipated Outcome Notification: Early April 2018
Round 3, 2018
Intake/Commencement: Semester 2, 2018 intake
Last Day to Apply: 30 April 2018
Last Day to Enrol**: 30 November 2018
Scholarships Offered: ASI
Anticipated Outcome Notification: Early July 2018
* Subject to University budget approval.
** All scholarships must be taken up in the round in which they are offered.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.