ADB-Japan Scholarship is offered by Japanese Government for students of Asian Development Bank’s developing member countries. Full details:
The following institutions participate in the Progra(ADB-Japan Scholarship):
Program(ADB-Japan Scholarship) continue..
Level: Master’s Degree
Field(s): Programs covered by the ADB-Japan Scholarship is postgraduate studies in economics, management,health,education, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, science and technology and also other development-related fields. Only programs at the 27 participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Regions are eligible for ADB-JSP funding.
Funded By: Government of Japan
Deadline: send application at least six months prior to the planned time
Beneficiaries( Target Group):ADB-Japan Scholarship is targeted for Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, People’s Republic of Cook Islands, Fiji, Georgia, India, Indonesia ,Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Federated States of Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islandds, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste (Special Office), Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu,Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarship is for one year with an extension to the second year of study, as appropriate, which shall be conditional on the scholar maintaining a satisfactory level of performance as determined by the institute. The maximum duration of scholarship award is two years for masters and doctorate programs.
‣ Scholarship Covers: The ADB-JSP provides:
‣ For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation. In special circumstances computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship.
‣ ADB-Japan Scholarship aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of the ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
‣ Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
To be considered for ADB-Japan Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria
‣ A national of an ADB borrowing member (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
‣ Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution .
‣ A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
‣ At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
‣ Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
‣ Not more than 35 years old at the time of application.
‣ In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
‣ In good health.
‣ Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
‣ Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
‣ Staff of academic institutions are not eligible for the Scholarship.
‣ Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
‣ ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
‣ ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
Eligibility Criteria: for ADB-Japan Scholarship:
‣ Qualifications of the candidate.
‣ Priority to the ranking, or order of merit, proposed by the Dis.
‣ Applicants with less than two years of work experience will not be selected.
‣ Preference to women candidates.
‣ Preference to applicants with lesser financial capacity
‣ The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who have previously studied abroad.
‣ The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who are pursuing a second MA or a second PhD degree.
‣ Candidates who are applying at a DI in their own country may not be selected.
‣ Diversification of nationality in the overall Program as well as at each DI level will be considered.
‣ The Program encourages studies in line with core areas of ADB’s Strategy 2020, which address poverty reduction through -infrastructure, environment, regional cooperation and integration, finance sector development, and education.
‣ Notification: A selection process will take place after the application closing date and all applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of the outcome by the end of November 2013.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ Applicants should request information and application forms from the chosen Academic Institution(s).
‣ The completed Institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form, should be submitted to the academic institution.
‣ Scholarship Application due date: Send applications for scholarships at least six months prior to the planned time that you wish to commence studies. Please refer to the normal month of intake and deadline of application in the participating academic institutions.
‣ It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like