ACFJ MA Journalism Fellowships at Ateneo de Manila University in Philippines, and applications are submitted till 15 January 2016. Konrad Adenauer Asian Center for Journalism at Ateneo de Manila University awards MA Journalism fellowships for Asian working journalists. Fellowships are available for journalists who can demonstrate excellence in their work and are contributing in a significant way to the press in their own societies. Applicants must have at least two (2) years experience as a full time photojournalist/multimedia journalist, photographer or journalist. Full grants cover tuition fees, books, travel (international and domestic) and living expenses for the on-campus sessions. Other forms of support are available to senior journalists, teachers and part-time working journalists. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Philippines
Level: Master of Arts (MA) program at Ateneo de Manila University.
Deadline: 15 January 2016.
Funded By: Konrad Adenauer Asian Center for Journalism, Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ACFJ MA Journalism Fellowships are targeted for applicants from Asia (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, China, Georgia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea, North Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives,
Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Yemen) are eligible for this masters fellowship.
‣ Award No: About 20 students from various Asian countries are admitted each year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: Full grants cover tuition fees, books, travel (international and domestic) and living expenses for the on-campus sessions. Other forms of support are available to senior journalists, teachers and part-time working journalists.
‣ A distance learning program designed for Asian working journalists who seek to develop the Asian perspective in their work, intensify their commitment to journalism’s ideals and be at the cutting-edge in a global, technologically sophisticated environment.
‣ The coursework consists of 12 courses taught by an international faculty using blended learning (i.e. online learning and face-to-face learning) methods.
‣ About 20 students from various Asian countries are admitted each year. As of 2013, more than 100 journalists from Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam have enrolled. The program is administered by ACFJ under the Ateneo Department of Communication.
‣ Has met the requirements for admission to the program
‣ Has at least two (2) years experience as a fulltime photojournalist/multimedia journalist, photographer or journalist
‣ Has an excellent academic and professional record
‣ Has qualifications which meet the aims of the scholarship program.
‣ The ACFJ grants are open to fulltime journalists from any part of Asia.
Selection Criteria for ACFJ MA Journalism Fellowships
‣ The ACFJ Fellowships for MA Journalism sponsor Asian journalists who can demonstrate excellence in their work and are contributing in a significant way to the press in their own societies. Scholarships are available on a competitive basis.
‣ A screening committee evaluates all applications and interviews of shortlisted candidates. Excellence in professional work, potential to succeed in the program and commitment to good journalism are key screening criteria.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be send through the web-based application system (myACFJ) via e-mail.
‣ Checklist of supporting documents for ACFJ MA Journalism Fellowships:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 January 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.