Access Scholarships are offered by CFA Institute for needs-based scholarship program for international students. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): The Program is organized into three levels, each culminating in a six-hour exam held in more than 180 locations around the world.
Level: CFA programme
Field(s): Courses offered by the Institute
Funded By: The CFA Institute, In collaboration with our member societies around the world.
Deadline: 15 September 2013.
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Access Scholarships are targeted for International Students.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: Over 2,600 Scholarships available world-wide.
‣ Scholarship Covers This Scholarship provide a needs-based scholarship opportunity for those unable to afford the full price of the CFA Program enrolment and registration fees. Access awards allow recipients to waive the enrolment fee and pay a reduced registration fee of $250 USD with the CFA Program eBook (Scholarship candidates are responsible for any additional costs for substituting or adding the print option, including curriculum and shipping costs plus any applicable taxes and import duties.)
‣ The CFA Institute Scholarship Program(“Program”) is designed tomake CFA Institute programs more available to individuals who may not be able to afford the full program fees. (“Access Scholarships”).
‣ This Scholarship provide a needs-based scholarship opportunity for those unable to afford the full price of the CFA Program enrolment and registration fees.
‣ In collaboration with our member societies around the world, These Scholarships are being awarded beginning with the 2013 exam cycle.
‣ The Program is organized into three levels, each culminating in a six-hour exam held in more than 180 locations around the world.
‣ Scholarship Candidates may be either new or existing candidates in the CFA Program. There is no minimum or maximum income or asset level for Scholarship Candidates. -
‣ Candidates are ineligible if their current employer provides financial assistance for participation in the CFA Program.
‣ Candidates can only receive one Access Scholarship per calendar year. Further, a Candidate may only receive one scholarship per exam,so if a candidate applies for both an Access and an Awareness Scholarship, and receives an award,the remaining application will be void.
‣ Applications will be reviewed by CFA Institute and/or a local CFA Institute Member Society in the Scholarship Candidate’s geographic area.
‣ While financial need will be strongly considered,awards may be made based on a combination of factors, including financial need; the academic, professional or other accomplishments of the candidate; obstacles overcome by the candidate; contributions to the local community; the candidate’s interest in pursuing the CFA charter; and other personal characteristics that indicate the individual is a strong candidate to receive an Access Scholarship and become a CFA charter holder.
‣ Societies will have access to all data submitted in the Application. Further, Societies may elect to request additional information from Candidates, or conduct reference checks or personal interviews.
‣ Note: Scholarship applicants who register for an exam while their A Scholarship application is pending will be deemed ineligible and their application will be voided. However, scholarship applicants may purchase the curriculum separately by contacting us . After scholarship notifications occur in December 2013, credit will be given for the advance purchase curriculum to applicants who register for an exam.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ Apply online. Begin, complete, or withdraw your application (login required).
‣ Access award application for both the June and December 2014 exams are now open.
‣ Deadline to complete applications is 15 September 2013
‣ It is important to read the application guideline and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like