Abo Akademi university offers PhD and Postdoctoral Scholarships for international students. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Åbo Akademi University| Finland
Level: Doctoral (PhD) Degree and Postdoctoral Degree
Field(s): Chemistry & Chemical Engineering. The PhD and post doc studies will focus on the areas of: Biofuel combustion and functional inorganic materials, Catalysis and kinetics, reaction engineering, Chemical aspects of wood, pulping and papermaking, biorefinery, Electroactive materials, chemical sensors, environmental and on-line analysis.
Deadline: March 11, 2013.
Funded by: Abo Akademi Foundation, Åbo Akademi University.
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is Open for International Students.
No. of Awards: not specified
Scholarship Duration: Scholarship Programme invites PhD students and post docs to join the Abo Akademi Process Chemistry Centre (PCC) for a period between 3 to 12 months at Abo Akademi University.
‣ For PhD- Travel: Fellows will be reimbursed for a ticket home (Åbo-home town, one-way) restricted to economy class air and/or rail fare; up to 100 EUR/month in total. For example: After a 4 month stay your return ticket can be reimbursed by a maximum of 400 EUR. Stipend: Doctoral scholars will receive a stipend of 1500 EUR/month.
‣ For Postdoctoral- Travel: Fellows will be reimbursed for a return ticket home (Åbo-home town) restricted to economy class air and/or rail fare; up to 100 EUR/month in total. For example: After a 4 month stay your return ticket can be reimbursed by a maximum of 400 EUR. Stipend: Postdoctoral researchers will receive a stipend of 2000 EUR/month.
‣ The Fellow will be given access to research facilities necessary to carry out the research training.
‣ The research funding will be decided by Åbo Akademi Process Chemistry Centre (ÅA-PCC) depending on the type and the length of the research project.
For PhD- Research Experience: The scheme is directed to postgraduate researchers pursuing doctoral studies in a subject area similar to that of the Abo Akademi -PCC.
‣ The stay must be directly relevant to the doctoral studies pursued.
‣ The stay at the ÅA-PCC must be recognized as an integral part of the doctoral studies in writing by the research supervisor of the doctoral studies in the home university.
For Postdoctoral- The scheme is directed to post doctoral researchers pursuing work in a subject area similar to that of the ÅA-PCC.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Interested applicants should send the completed application form by post or email.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by March 11, 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
Find it useful? Share Online - If you can, help others.