AAUW International Fellowships for Women in USA, and applications for AAUW International Fellowships are open August 1–December 1. Applications are invited for AAUW International Fellowships available for women who are not US citizens or permanent residents. The program provides support for one year of graduate or postgraduate study at US institutions. Preference is given to women who show prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work. A limited number of awards are available to women who are members of the International Federation of University Women for study in any country other than their own. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at US institutions | USA (Fellows may spend up to two months travelling abroad for research related to their project plan with prior written approval of AAUW)
Field(s): any of the courses offered by the US institutions.
Deadline: December 1, 2016.
Funded By: AAUW
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): AAUW International Fellowships are targeted for International students other than from United States can apply for these scholarships.
‣ No. of awards: Up to five International Fellowships for master’s/first professional degrees will be renewable for a second year;
will be provided to fellows during their fellowship year.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The program provides support for one year of graduate or postgraduate study in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
‣Value of Scholarship : -Master’s/First Professional Degree: $18,000
-International Fellowships funds are available for Educational expenses, Living expenses, Dependent child care and Travel to professional meetings, conferences or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10% of the fellowship.
‣ The AAUW International Fellowships program has been in existence since 1917. The program provides support for women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the United States who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
is given to women who show prior commitment to the advancement of
women and girls through civic, community, or professional work.
limited number of awards are available to women who are members of
Graduate Women International for study or research in any country
other than their own. Up to five International Fellowships for
master’s/first professional degrees will be renewable for a second
year; renewal instructions will be provided to fellows during their
‣ Members and officers of the AAUW Board of Directors are not eligible to apply for fellowships and grant awards.
‣ AAUW staff or volunteers with decision-making authority who wish to apply for an award must recuse themselves from the decision-making process. Unsuccessful applicants may reapply.
‣ To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Selection Criteria for AAUW International Fellowships
‣ The International Fellowships Panel meets once a year to review applications for funding. Awards are based on the selection criteria outlined on this page.
‣ Recommendations by the panel are subject to final approval by the AAUW Board of Directors. Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis according to funds available in a given fiscal year.
‣ To ensure a fair and objective review process, it is the policy of AAUW not to comment on the deliberations of its award panels. No provisions exist for reconsideration of grant proposals after the board has acted. AAUW does not provide evaluations of successful or unsuccessful applications.
‣ Notification of awards mailed to all applicants in April , 2017.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to apply via Online Application .
‣ Please follow the directions carefully and complete all sections of the application for successful submission of your application.
‣ Only complete online applications will be reviewed by the selection panel.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Applications for AAUW International Fellowships are open August 1–December 1.
For questions or technical support,
please e-mail email@example.com.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.