Market Economics Geography Masters Research Scholarship in New Zealand, 2014-2015, and applications are submitted till 31st July 2014. University of Auckland is inviting application for masters research scholarship for domestic or international students. Scholarship will be awarded to a candidate enrolling full time in the thesis year of a Master of Arts or Master of Science in Geography who has paid the fees or arranged to pay the fees. Preference will be given to students focusing their research on applied quantitative analysis in human or economic geography or geographic information science. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | New Zealand
Level: Postgraduate Research
Field(s): human geography, economic geography or geographic information science.
Deadline: 31st July 2014.
Funded By: Market Economics Ltd
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Market Economics Geography Masters Research Scholarship is targeted for Domestic or international students
‣ Award No: One masters research scholarship will be awarded annually.
‣ Scholarship Duration: This masters research scholarship is awarded for one year. The Scholarship will be paid in two installments; one in the first semester and one in the second semester.
‣ Scholarship covers: Value of award is up to $2,000.
‣ The Market Economics Geography Masters Research Scholarship was first established in 2005 and is funded by Market Economics Ltd, an independent New Zealand-based consultancy that specializes in market and economic analysis and environmental and ecological research.
‣ The main purpose of the Scholarship is to encourage postgraduate research in the field of human/economic geography, including GIS, by rewarding demonstrated ability.
‣ Preference will be given to students focusing their research on applied quantitative analysis in human or economic geography or geographic information science. Applicants must have completed ENVSCI 701.
‣ The basis of selection will be academic merit, the quality of the research proposal and the appropriateness of the proposed research to the core interests of Market Economics.
‣ A decision will be made approximately six weeks after the closing date by letter or email.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st July 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.