Call for Applications-AWARD Fellowships for Women in Africa , and applications are submitted till August 8, 2014. Applications are invited for AWARD Fellowships available for women agricultural scientists who have a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree. Unlike any other fellowship, AWARD delivers a well-tested, a career – development program that includes: Fostering Mentoring Partnerships, Building Science Skills, Developing Leadership Capacity and Tracking Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation. Up to 70 women will be chosen to receive a two year AWARD fellowship in 2015. Fellows stay in their institutions, continue their research and travel to AWARD training courses held in various locations in Africa. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Fellows stay in their institutions continue their research and travel to AWARD training courses held in various locations in Africa
Level: Training Courses
Field(s): Agricultural economics, Agricultural engineering, Animal and livestock sciences, Agronomy, Aquatic resources and fisheries, Biodiversity conservation, Crop sciences, Ecology, Entomology, Extension education, Food sciences and nutrition, Forestry and Agroforestry, Horticulture, Molecular biology (plant/animal breeding), Natural resources management, Plant/animal virology, Soil sciences, Veterinary sciences and Water and irrigation management and other. Course Level: It is a two year fellowship. Unlike any other fellowship, AWARD delivers a well-tested, a career – development program that includes: Fostering Mentoring Partnerships, Building Science Skills, Developing Leadership Capacity and Tracking Learning, Monitoring, and Evaluation.
Deadline: August 8, 2014.
Funded By: The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the United States Agency for International Development, Agropolis Foundation and the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa
Beneficiaries(Target Groups) Call for Applications-AWARD Fellowships for Women in Africa is targeted for women agricultural scientists who are citizens of Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia.
‣ Award No: Up to 70 women will be chosen to receive an AWARD Fellowship this year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are awarded for two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Call for Applications-AWARD Fellowships for Women in Africa AWARD Fellows do not receive any cash payments except token amounts to cover direct expenses for participation in events. AWARD does not pay sitting fees. When attending an AWARD workshop, expenses are fully covered. Depending on your level, AWARD covers expenses for training programs, professional memberships, travel, and more.
‣ Call for Applications-AWARD Fellowships for Women in Africa is a career-development program that equips top women agricultural scientists across sub-Saharan Africa to accelerate agricultural gains by strengthening their research and leadership skills through tailored fellowships.
‣ AWARD is a catalyst for innovations with high potential to contribute to the prosperity and well-being of African smallholder farmers, most of whom are women.
‣ AWARD Fellows benefit from two-year fellowships focused on fostering mentoring partnerships, building science skills and developing leadership capacity.
‣ Fellows stay in their institutions, continue their research, and travel to AWARD training courses held in various locations in Africa.
‣ Women agricultural scientists who are citizens of Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, or Zambia who have completed a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree are eligible to apply.
‣ There is no age restriction. Applicants must be resident in Africa throughout the fellowship period.
‣ The AWARD Steering Committee selects winners based on applicants’ research focus and aspirations, aligned with AWARD’s goals and potential to contribute to agricultural development in Africa that benefits smallholder farmers, especially women.
‣ The AWARD Steering Committee will select the shortlisted finalists in December 2014. Winners will be notified immediately by email after the selection process and will be asked to provide transcripts/copies of their academic records.
‣ Unsuccessful applicants will be notified in December. Please note that AWARD is not in a position to respond to individual inquiries as to why a particular application was not successful.
‣ The winners will be publicly announced in February 2015 at a news conference held during the first AWARD Mentoring Orientation Workshop.
‣ Their names are posted on the AWARD website.
‣ Application is only possible by completing FSC’s application form, which can be down-loaded from a webpage. Besides the application form, the documents indicated in the application form are required for the application.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on August 8, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.