Al Qasimi Foundation offers Doctoral Research Grants for International Students at an Accredited University in the United Arab Emirates or Abroad, 2013. Full details:
School: United Arab Emirates or Abroad
Level: PhD degree level
Field(S):Course offered by the university.
Deadline: 01 March 2013.
Funded by:Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Foundation for Policy Research.
Beneficiaries(Target Group):Scholarship is open for International students.
To qualify for the Al Qasimi Foundation’s Doctoral Research Grants , candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
‣ Must be a current PhD student at an accredited university in good academic standing.
‣ Must have a minimum TOEFL score of 600 or IELTS score of 6.5
‣ All PhD coursework must be complete and applicant should be ready to conduct the field research component of their dissertation.
‣ Research proposal must be approved (or in the process of being approved) by the applicant’s advisor and graduate program.
‣ Proposed research must have IRB approval from the applicant’s home institution. -Proposed research must focus on the United Arab Emirates, and specifically, the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
‣ If the research proposal includes other locations, Ras Al Khaimah must be a significant focus for data gathering and analysis.
‣ Proposed research must address an education, public policy, or closely related social science issue or question.
‣ Relevant topics (dependent on research question) may include areas such as education, urban planning/development, public health, economic development, food access, and energy or environmental policy.
‣ Selection Criteria: If an applicant meets the minimum eligibility criteria noted above, they are encouraged to apply for a Doctoral Research Grant.
‣ The Al Qasimi Foundation Grant is awarded based on merit as measured by academic performance and relevance of research proposal.
‣ The applicant’s intended field of study is also considered in the evaluation process with preference given to those candidates pursuing a degree in education, public policy (such as urban planning, economics, public health, environment), or closely related fields.
‣ The Foundation Directors and Advisory Board serve as the evaluation and selection committee.
‣ The Grant review process is competitive. While the Foundation receives many excellent and high-quality proposals, only two Doctoral Research Grants are available each year.
‣ The proposals chosen for funding represent the innovative ideas that align best with the Foundation’s overall mission to aid in the social and economic development of Ras Al Khaimah.
Scholarships Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ The next deadline for applications is 01 March 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
For more Information about the Al Qasimi Foundation
You may also like