90 CASCADE Fellowships for International Researchers in Life Sciences, and applications are submitted till 1st August 2014. CASCADE-FELLOWS are inviting applications for 90 fellowships for international researchers. These fellowships are awarded in Life Sciences disciplines for 60 months programme. By the closing date for application applicants must not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, research or study) in the country of their host organization for more than 12 months in the previous three years. Fellows will be paid at market rates, as well as receiving financial support for carrying out research and a travel/mobility allowance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Overseas
Level: Research Project.
Field(s): Life Sciences including any of the following fields: Bioenergetics, Biological membranes, Biomedicine, Public Health & Epidemiology, Cancer Research, Cell Biology, Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Developmental Biology, Enzymology, Genetic Engineering, Genomics and General Genetics, Immunology, Macromolecular Structures and Molecular Biophysics, Medical Pathology, Metabolic Regulation and Signal Transduction, Metabolism of Cellular Macromolecules, Microbiology and Parasitology, Neurosciences (including Pyschiatry and Clinical Psychology), Pharmacology and Toxicology, Physiology, Virology and Other Life Sciences (this includes areas such as Mental Health.
Deadline: 1st August 2014.
Funded By: Fellowships are cofunded by the EU through FP7 Marie Curie Actions – People, Co-funding of Regional, National and International Programmes (COFUND).
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 90 CASCADE Fellowships are targeted for CASCADE FELLOWS are open to applicants of all nationalities.
‣ Award No: 90 Fellowships are awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are awarded for 60 months of the programme.
‣ Scholarship covers: Applicants will receive a salary (the exact figure will depend on the country your Host Organisation is in, plus a monthly travel/mobility allowance (€500 per month if you have no dependents, €700 if you have dependents). Your Host Organisation will also make a fixed allowance of €8900 available to cover your research costs, but they cannot use this to pay for equipment or to cover the salaries of technicians or other staff to help you in your research.
‣ 90 CASCADE Fellowships , CASCADE-FELLOWS offer exciting career opportunities in a stimulating workplace for young experienced researchers in Life Sciences, including the fields of endocrine disruptors, nuclear receptor research and health risk assessment.
‣ You will be able to choose the research topic, destination and research group for your Fellowship freely provided your proposal can provide sufficient evidence that it will build European competitiveness and it falls within the field of Life Sciences.
‣ Marie Curie Mobility Schemes:-Outgoing Mobility is for a 12-24 month stay for a Fellow from an EU Member State or Third Country in another EU Member state, Associated Country or a Third Country.
‣ Incoming Mobility is for 12-24 months stay for a fellow from a Third Country to a Host Organization located within an EU Member State or Associated Country.
‣ Reintegration is for a national of any EU Member State or Associated Country who has resided or worked in a Third Country for at least three years and wishes to take up a position in a Host Organization located in an EU Member State or Associated Country.
‣ However to be eligible, applicants must fulfill all the programme criteria below by the deadline for submitting your proposal: -Only experienced researchers are eligible for the programme.
‣ This means that you must have a PhD degree by the closing date of the Call under which you are applying, or be able to prove four years’ full-time equivalent research experience after obtaining the degree which would formally entitle you to embark on a doctorate either in the country where the degree was obtained or the country in which you wish to carry out your research project.
‣ If 90 CASCADE Fellowships applicants have not yet been awarded your PhD you must have successfully defended your PhD thesis by the closing date for applications.
‣ Please note that under the rules for Marie Curie Actions a medical doctor (MD) qualification is not considered equivalent to a PhD.
‣ By the closing date for applications you must not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, research or study) in the country of your Host Organization for more than 12 months in the previous three years
‣ Applicants must be able to demonstrate transnational mobility under one of the three Marie Curie mobility schemes (incoming, outgoing, or reintegration).
‣ Applicants must be able to start your Fellowship, if offered, within six months of notification of acceptance from the Programme Office
‣ 90 CASCADE Fellowships will be implemented a basis of open, quality-driven competition.
‣ They will check that: -
‣ Results will be announced by 31 October 2014.
‣ Your application must be written in English and must be submitted online.
‣ You will need to complete ALL of the following sections in the Application Portal:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1st August 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.