2016 Yamaha Music Foundation of Europe Scholarship , and applications are submitted till November 30th 2015. Applications are invited for Yamaha Scholarships for the year 2015/2016 academic year. A total of 45 scholarships in 31 countries will be awarded to full time music students of any nationality. Students who are not older than 25 years at the time of the application are eligible. The scholarship discipline is Brass & Woodwind in this year. Each Scholarship has a value of 1.000,00 EUR to 2.000,00 EUR, depending on the country where the applicant is studying. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania and Greece
are awarded to full-time music students.
scholarships’ discipline is Brass & Woodwind.
Yamaha Music Foundation of Europe Scholarship is targeted for
Students of any nationality can apply.
total of 45 scholarships in 31 countries will be awarded to full time
students in 2015/2016.
duration of award is one year.
Scholarship has a value of 1.000,00 EUR to 2.000,00 EUR, depending on
the country where the applicant is studying. The Scholarship
covers one year and the money may be used for any purpose related to
the advancement of studies.
one of the world‘s largest manufacturers of musical instruments,
established the Yamaha Music Foundation (YMF) in Tokyo in 1966.
purpose of this foundation is to stimulate interest in the playing
and enjoyment of music amongst people from all over the world.
Yamaha Music Foundation of Europe (YMFE) is a European non-profit
making charity that – above all – is dedicated to supporting
talented music students in Europe. Since 1990, YMFE has awarded
scholarships worth more than 1 Million EUR to over 900 outstanding
young musicians all over Europe.
‣ Applicants will be selected according to their current musical ability and their demonstrated future potential.
‣ Regulations may vary depending on the country.
Selection Criteria for 2016 Yamaha Music Foundation of Europe Scholarship
‣ The basis for this evaluation is an initial screening from a recorded performance, followed by a live performance at the final selection. Selection Committees comprising senior figures from the world of music will select the most suitable applicants.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be send to the appropriate contact address in which your academy/university is located together with a recording of two titles.
‣ Please make sure to send a CD, DVD or Mini Disc with your recordings together with the application form.
‣ The length of the two recorded pieces should not exceed 20 min for each recording and the two pieces should represent two different styles. The quality of the sound does not have an effect on the later selection process.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 30th 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.