2016 Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship in Women's Studies , and applications are submitted till October 15, 2016 . The Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation is awarding dissertation fellowships to support the final year of dissertation writing for Ph.D. or Th.D. degree in the humanities and Social sciences. In 2017 , ten Fellows will receive $5,000 to be used for expenses connected with completing their dissertations, such as research-related travel, data work/collection, and supplies. Applicants must have enrolled in a doctoral program at an American university located in the United States and must have completed all pre-dissertation requirements. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
support the final year of dissertation writing for Ph.D. or Th.D.
Women’s Studies competition is for projects in the humanities and
social sciences; Projects in fields such as management, the clinical
and biological sciences, and law are not eligible unless they have a
demonstrable academic grounding in the humanities and social
sciences. Applicants working on health-related issues in the social
sciences should consider carefully whether their work demonstrably
centers on the topic’s social, cultural, and individual aspects.
Woodrow W National Fellowship Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Woodrow W Dissertation Fellowship is targeted for both US and international students.
2016 , up to ten fellowships will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship is awarded for one academic year ( The 2017 Fellows will serve their tenure from September 1, 2017 – August 31, 2018.)
fellow will receive $5,000 which will be used for expenses connected
with completing their dissertations, such as research-related travel,
data work/collection, and supplies.
2016 Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship for International
Students in Women’s Studies encourages original and significant
research about women that crosses disciplinary, regional, or cultural
Fellows have explored such topics as transnational religious
education for Muslim women, the complex gender dynamics of
transidentity management, women’s electoral success across racial
and institutional contexts, women’s sports, militarism and the
education of American women, and the relationship between family
commitments and women’s work mobility.
‣ Have you completed all pre-dissertation requirements?
‣ Are you writing on issues related to women, gender, women’s studies or feminist/gender/LGBTQ theory?
‣ Are you enrolled in a graduate school in the United States?
‣ Do you expect to complete the Ph.D. by summer 2016?
If the answer to all of these questions is yes, you are eligible to apply for a Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship in Women’s Studies.
‣ Successful candidates will be notified by February 28, 2017 and the public announcement of new Fellows will be by May 1, 2017 .
Scholarship Application Method
A complete Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship in Women’s Studies application consists of these required components:
Basic steps for each of these can be found below.
• All submissions must be properly labeled.
• Inquiries may be directed to WS@woodrow.org.
• Applicants are responsible for ensuring all of these components have been correctly labeled and submitted prior to the October 15, 2016 11:59 p.m. ET deadline.
• Incorrect file labeling may delay the processing of the application.
• It is strongly recommended that all components be submitted at least one day prior to the application deadline to ensure the documents have been received.
• You will be able to login and return at any time to your account to edit your personal information, change your password, start and/or complete your application, and verify receipt of supplemental items.
• If all components are not received by deadline, the application will be incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. ONLINE APPLICATION
2. SUPPLEMENTAL ITEMS
3. LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
All components are required. The deadline for all components is October 15, 2016.
Note: You will be able to track receipt of your letters of recommendation in the supplemental items section of your application. It is your responsibility to follow up with your recommenders to ensure that they have submitted their online recommendation prior to deadline, October 15, 2016, 11:59 PM EST. We strongly recommend that Letters of Recommendation be submitted as early as possible to ensure they are received prior to deadline.