2016 UWA Fogarty Foundation Scholarships at University of Western Australia , and applications are submitted between 01/06/2015- 31/08/2015. Applications are invited for undergraduate scholarships available to students of Australia and New Zealand. UWA Fogarty Foundation Scholarships includes two types of scholarships: UWA Fogarty Foundation City Scholarship and UWA Fogarty Foundation Regional Scholarship. Applicants must be able to demonstrate academic excellence and outstanding achievements in at least three out of four categories of leadership, community involvement, the arts and sport. Scholarships are offered for the duration of maximum of eight semesters, which are normally consecutive, including an honours year if applicable. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Western | Australia
Field(s): subjects offered by University of Western Australia
Deadline: between 01/06/2015- 31/08/2015.
Funded By: University of Western Australia
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 UWA Fogarty Foundation Scholarships are targeted for Students of Australia and New Zealand.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for the duration of maximum of eight semesters, which are normally consecutive, including an honours year if applicable. If a recipient transfers from the course for which the scholarship was awarded to another course at the University, the scholarship will continue for the duration of the original course, provided that the recipient continues to meet the criteria for continuation.
‣ Scholarship covers: Two types of scholarships are available which cover— (a) UWA Fogarty Foundation City Scholarship: (i) the up-front student contribution amount for the selected course; and (ii) ancillary costs of $1200 per annum for the duration of the course.
‣ The 2016 UWA Fogarty Foundation Scholarships have been established in conjunction with the Fogarty Foundation to provide senior secondary students who show significant academic potential, together with a strong sense of community involvement and responsibility, with an opportunity to undertake an undergraduate degree of their choice at The University of Western Australia (`the University’).
‣ The scholarships will be awarded to senior secondary students who show significant academic and leadership ability together with a strong sense of community involvement and responsibility in Year 11 and/or 12.
‣ Two types of scholarships available, UWA Fogarty Foundation City Scholarships and UWA Fogarty Foundation Regional Scholarships.
(b) UWA Fogarty Foundation Regional Scholarship: (i) the up-front student contribution amount for the selected course; (ii) ancillary costs of $1200 per annum for the duration of the course; (iii) for the first year of enrollment, full payment of the accommodation fees at University Hall or, on approval, at another residential college affiliated with the University; and (iv) for the second and subsequent years of enrollment, payment of one third of the accommodation fees at University Hall or, on approval, at another residential college affiliated with the University or, if approval is given on the grounds of exceptional circumstances1, for accommodation elsewhere. Applicants may only apply for one type of scholarship.
(a) be a domestic student;
(b) be able to demonstrate academic excellence and outstanding achievements in at least three out of four categories of leadership, community involvement, the arts and sport; (c) have applied through the Tertiary Institutions Service Centre (TISC) for a place at the University, nominating a course at the University as their first preference in the first round of offers; and (d) be enrolled in at least five Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) subjects or equivalent in a Western Australian secondary school, or through the School of Isolated and Distance Education, which could reasonably be expected to lead to the calculation of an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) to satisfy admission requirements for entry into the nominated course at the University; and in addition, applicants for a regional scholarship must normally—
(e) reside in a regional area of Western Australia; and
(f) be enrolled at a secondary school in a regional area for at least the last two years of their secondary school education, although in exceptional circumstances this may be waived.
To be eligible to take up a scholarship an awardee must—
(a) be enrolled full-time, unless the Coursework Scholarships Sub-Committee is satisfied that there are exceptional circumstances which preclude full-time enrolment, in an undergraduate degree course; and (b) agree to their academic results being provided to members of the UWA Fogarty Foundation Board of Review each year. -An awardee may defer taking up a scholarship for up to one year after the offer is made.
‣ 2016 UWA Fogarty Foundation Scholarships Applicants will be selected on the basis of academic achievement and evidence of other outstanding achievements.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are called for by the Graduate Research and Scholarships Office and must be submitted by the due date. Applicants must provide the following documentation:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due between 01/06/2015 - 31/08/2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.